WePractice is an internal startup of Sparrow Ventures.
We Practice s a fast growing startup with the mission to sustainably improve mental health in Switzerland. Our goal is to connect people seeking support with the right therapist in the best possible environment. To make this possible, we operate modern coworking locations where we provide professional support to independent psychotherapists and psychological counselors, as well as a digital platform that facilitates access to suitable practitioners.
What to expect as a Senior Software Engineer / Head of Technology WePractice?
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer / Head of Technology (m/f/d), who has the skills of a senior developer and provides technical and architectural leadership to the other engineers in the team. You'll own the code and be responsible for shipping new features while ensuring the code stays of high quality, remains scalable and testable.
Entrepreneurial mindset and technical ingenuity are essential in this role. We expect you to be well-versed and experienced in bringing projects to life. You have a maker mindset and are a passionate, hands-on software architect and lead developer striving for continuity.
Your areas of responsibility include
- Build and be part of a small team of developers and get your hands dirty wherever needed
- Drive the development of system architecture and the technical design of platforms, products and solutions
- Create the framework conditions for your team to be successful in software development
- Support the development process from the requirements analysis to the roll-out
- Ensure deadlines are met and hold review meetings with colleague
- You have a degree in computer science or a comparable degree
- 5+ years of proven professional web development experience
- Startup/Scaleup experience preferred
- You are comfortable with software architectures including database design (PostgreSQL) and REST interfaces
- You have already been able to demonstrate your technical skills and leadership qualities
- Knowledge of CI/CD and DevOps, experience with Cloud technology is an advantage.
- You show how to motivate your team and optimize performance through specific coaching
- You are a reliable person who has both analytical skills and a quality-conscious working style
- You can deal with feedback from team members and ensure fairness in the team
- You are fluent in English
Based in the heart of Zurich, we have flexible hours and a hybrid working culture topped up with regular team events and lunches.
We foster a no bullshit, down to earth, yet high caliber work environment where the best argument counts. Being highly dynamic and results driven, we have a “move fast and learn fast” culture, here for the fame and glory of what we have built. Most importantly, we have fun on the way.
Applications that have been submitted by email or private messages can’t be considered. For any specific questions on our openings, please contact us via the contact form on our webpage. Please note, we do not work with recruitment agencies. Any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered.
Sparrow Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. For more information, please refer to our EO Policy on our careers page.