If you are a payments geek and like doing analysis with data and numbers and uncovering issues that no one could spot, then the Payments Analyst role is for you. In this role you to be responsible for monitoring decline rates, interchange cost, payment failures, transaction expenses to help provide better insights to the rest of the company. You will provide deep insights into the payments that are flowing thru WePay, provide specific partner insights and manage auditors expectations.
The payment operations team is a newly formed team created to manage operational issues and closely monitor money movement across all payment stages. We need a dynamic, go-getter individual who can dig deep into data to identify issues and gaps or resolve inconsistency with processors internationally or reconciliation issues within the core payment flow. You would not only develop professionally as a industry recognized payments analyst but may eventually have the opportunity to mentor and manage other individuals
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Oversee day to day payments processing issues
- Work with the processors on critical gaps
- Work with the finance team to research reconciliation gaps
- Track processor, decline rates
- Interchange fees
- Monitor billing fees
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor/Associate’s Degree or equivalent work experience required
- 1-2+ years of data analysis experience where attention to detail and high degree of accuracy is the standard
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel (Pivot Tables etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, well organized and the ability to self-manage and work with minimal guidance.
- Must have a good attitude, interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with Vendors and other external parties.
- Ability to comprehensively review and interpret data in order to apply corporate procedures for processing data.
- Strong problem-solving skills with ability to identify and resolve data issues in a timely manner.
- Excellent organization and time management skills with ability to prioritize work and function independently.
- Professional demeanor in performing job responsibilities and when interacting with others.
- Attendance and punctuality with commitment to arrive to work on time and ensure work responsibilities are covered when absent.
BONUS IF YOU HAVE
- Familiarity with SQL and scripting
- Experience in e-commerce and payment platforms
WHO IS WEPAY
WePay is the payments partner to the platform economy. At a time when commerce increasingly flows through online platforms, we provide the payment infrastructure for software companies to enable and integrate payments into their software without the risk, regulatory or operational responsibilities. Through our payments API, we empower a whole new bottom-up economy of commerce and community. We process billions annually for platforms, including GoFundMe, Meetup, Care.com, FreshBooks, Constant Contact, Zoho and more than 1,000 other online platforms.
We're a well funded and fast growing organization that has been named to the 2015 and 2016 Inc. 500 lists as one of the fastest growing private US companies. We are proud to have cultivated an open, supportive culture that cares deeply about customers and employees. It’s for this reason that we’re recognized as one of the area’s Best Places to Work by the SF Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. We provide the usual perks (free lunch every day, subsidized gym membership, Responsible Time Off, etc.).
You can find more information at wepay.com.