WePay is seeking an Engagement Manager for its field technology services team supporting our North American Field Sales Team. This individual will play a critical role in establishing credibility and confidence with WePay’s current partners by demonstrating and presenting the value of WePay’s products, services, and thought leadership in payments for platforms.
As an Engagement Manager, your goal will be to scope the integrations and to develop proposals for WePay’s largest and most complex prospective partners with the ultimate goal of winning the partner’s business. Once the contract’s won, you will act as the primary technical escalation point for any problems during the integration and ultimately be responsible for the partner achieving their desired integration goals.
Additional responsibilities would involve the creation of repeatable service offerings, or “packages”, with the goal of providing our partners a predefined way to integrate with WePay based upon common proposals developed while in the role.
If you are motivated by wanting to understand a large number of business use cases and enjoy managing large complex projects by being able to apply technology to solve business problems then this is the role for you.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Understand the platform and payments ecosystem to identify problems and position creative solutions for our partners
- Provide business acumen for customers and strive to understand the business problem we are solving in order to best architect the proposed solution and exceed customer expectations
- Gather functional and business requirements from the partner and translate into related solution design documentation or proposals.
- Own and lead multiple, simultaneous customer engagements integrating WePay utilizing Project Management best practices
- Manage project team activities and oversee completion of deliverables, managing schedules, meeting milestones, and ensuring technical success
- Work with the product management to channel client feedback and solutions into future releases
- Work with sales and marketing management to channel commonalities across customers into best practices and service packages.
- Collaborate with other departments in the company to achieve customer satisfaction and resolve customer issues in a timely fashion.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent degree/experience
- Previous experience (5+ years) as a Technical Project Manager/Engagement Manager
- Exceptional communication skills, ethics, leadership ability, executive presence, and work habits absolutely required
- Understanding of the Web technology stack and experience working with: JSON, RESTful APIs, Curl, relational databases, modern web technology, modern programming languages/frameworks
- The ideal candidate will already have a good understanding of the WePays APIs, payments, and experience building mobile apps.
WHO IS WEPAY
WePay is the payments partner to the platform economy. At a time when commerce increasingly flows through online platforms, we provide the payment infrastructure for software companies to enable and integrate payments into their software without the risk, regulatory or operational responsibilities. Through our payments API, we empower a whole new bottom-up economy of commerce and community. We process billions annually for platforms, including GoFundMe, Meetup, Care.com, FreshBooks, Constant Contact, Zoho and more than 1,000 other online platforms.
We're a well-funded and fast growing organization that has been named to the 2015 and 2016 Inc. 500 lists as one of the fastest growing private US companies. We are proud to have cultivated an open, supportive culture that cares deeply about customers and employees. It’s for this reason that we’re recognized as one of the area’s Best Places to Work by the SF Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. We provide the usual perks (free lunch every day, subsidized gym membership, Responsible Time Off, etc.).
You can find more information at wepay.com.