WePay is hiring a Senior Technical Writer to bring our technical documentation to the next level. WePay powers payments for some of the largest, most innovative platforms, and our API is our product. Our documentation is often the first stop prospective customers make when deciding whether to choose WePay or not. As platforms move through the integration process, our technical documentation is critical in helping platforms make the right choices and successfully implement them.
We are looking for someone who can act as a member of the API product team and own our technical documentation. You need to be technical enough to discuss REST APIs in detail with engineers. You should be able to contribute to the design of new features based on your experience documenting similar APIs. You need to be able to create technical documentation at various levels, from introductory material to API reference guides. You should be able to create diagrams as well as textual content.
Successful candidates will have had full ownership over documentation for a complex, public, SaaS API. When replying to this job posting, please include links to public API pages.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- As the owner of our customer-facing documentation, you will
- Develop the overall information architecture of the developer docs
- Establish the voice and style of our docs
- Author new content based on interviews with subject experts
- Edit existing content for consistency, completeness, and correctness
- In addition, you will develop internal documentation as appropriate to help specific teams such as our sales integration team.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 5+ years as a technical writer, including at least 2 years creating and managing documentation for customer-facing APIs or SDKs. The work should include both API details and introductory content. Experience with APIs published on the web, open to all, highly preferred.
- Ability to think like, and write for, developers and non-developers
- Basic HTML editing skills (you MUST be able to work directly with HTML)
- Familiarity and ability with source control tools, especially git
- Excellent written English
WHO IS WEPAY
WePay is the payments partner to the platform economy. At a time when commerce increasingly flows through online platforms, we provide the payment infrastructure for software companies to enable and integrate payments into their software without the risk, regulatory or operational responsibilities. Through our payments API, we empower a whole new bottom-up economy of commerce and community. We process billions annually for platforms, including GoFundMe, Meetup, Care.com, FreshBooks, Constant Contact, Zoho and more than 1,000 other online platforms.
We're a well funded and fast growing organization that has been named to the 2015 and 2016 Inc. 500 lists as one of the fastest growing private US companies. We are proud to have cultivated an open, supportive culture that cares deeply about customers and employees. It’s for this reason that we’re recognized as one of the area’s Best Places to Work by the SF Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. We provide the usual perks (free lunch every day, subsidized gym membership, Responsible Time Off, etc.).
You can find more information at wepay.com.