WePay is a fast-growing payments company that has built its API specifically for platform businesses like marketplaces, crowdfunding sites and small business software. Through this API, WePay allows platforms to easily offer payments to their buyers and sellers. WePay uniquely offers platforms a customized user experience while shielding them from fraud risk. WePay’s proprietary Veda risk technology leverages alternate data sources such as social media, platform data, and traditional business data to detect and mitigate fraud.
We are looking for an exceptional Risk Detection Manager to lead development & improvement of our risk detection capabilities. You will be utilizing a risk rules engine and vast datasets to build fraud rules/strategies and closely working with risk engineering and data scientists to enhance risk detection systems. You will have a chance to make a tremendous impact to manage and mitigate the risk involved in WePay’s payment processing.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Be one of the key drivers to build an innovative risk detection systems
- Develop and manage a framework to evaluate the efficacy of rules and models
- Identify fraud patterns and loss manifestation by analyzing large quantity of data
- Build and enhance automated risk engine rules
- Leverage third party risk management tools to expand fraud detection capabilities
- Develop monitoring programs for keeping track of risk rule performance
- Investigate accounts, users and payments for new fraud activities and risk trends
- Train and develop risk team members on data analysis and rule writing skills
- Interact with other Risk team members on developing fraud prevention strategy and process
- Constantly look to improve the rule performance towards reducing false positives and improving loss catch rate
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 3+ years experience in risk detection and rule/strategy development (preferably in the payments industry)
- Experience in analyzing data to identify emerging fraud trends and behaviors
- Knowledgeable in statistical analysis methodologies and tools
- Proficient in SQL queries and Microsoft pivot tables
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, changing environment
WHO IS WEPAY
WePay is the payments partner to the platform economy. At a time when commerce increasingly flows through online platforms, we provide the payment infrastructure for software companies to enable and integrate payments into their software without the risk, regulatory or operational responsibilities. Through our payments API, we empower a whole new bottom-up economy of commerce and community. We process billions annually for platforms, including GoFundMe, Meetup, Care.com, FreshBooks, Constant Contact, Zoho and more than 1,000 other online platforms.
We're a well-funded and fast growing organization that has been named to the 2015 and 2016 Inc. 500 lists as one of the fastest growing private US companies. We are proud to have cultivated an open, supportive culture that cares deeply about customers and employees. It’s for this reason that we’re recognized as one of the area’s Best Places to Work by the SF Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. We provide the usual perks (free lunch every day, subsidized gym membership, Responsible Time Off, etc.).
You can find more information at wepay.com.