WePay is a fast-growing payments company that has built its API specifically for platform businesses like marketplaces, crowdfunding sites and small business software. Through this API, WePay allows platforms to easily offer payments to their buyers and sellers. WePay uniquely offers platforms a customized user experience while shielding them from fraud risk. WePay’s proprietary Veda risk technology leverages alternate data sources such as social media, platform data, and traditional business data to detect and mitigate fraud.
We are looking for an exceptional Risk Detection Manager to lead development & improvement of our risk detection capabilities. You will be utilizing a risk rules engine and vast datasets to build fraud rules/strategies and closely working with risk engineering and data scientists to enhance risk detection systems. You will have a chance to make a tremendous impact to manage and mitigate the risk involved in WePay’s payment processing.
- Be one of the key drivers to build innovative risk detection systems
- Develop and manage a framework to evaluate the efficacy of rules and models
- Identify fraud patterns and loss manifestation by analyzing large quantity of data
- Build and enhance automated risk engine rules
- Leverage third party risk management tools to expand fraud detection capabilities
- Develop monitoring programs for keeping track of risk rule performance
- Investigate accounts, users and payments for new fraud activities and risk trends
- Train and develop risk team members on data analysis and rule writing skills
- Interact with other Risk team members on developing fraud prevention strategy and process
- Constantly look to improve the rule performance towards reducing false positives and improving loss catch rate
- 3+ years experience in risk detection and rule/strategy development (preferably in the payments industry)
- Experience in analyzing data to identify emerging fraud trends and behaviors
- Knowledgeable in statistical analysis methodologies and tools
- Proficient in SQL queries and Microsoft pivot tables
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, changing environment
WePay is the payments partner to the platform economy. At a time when commerce increasingly flows through online platforms, we partner closely with these platforms to provide fully integrated payments and risk services… so they can deliver the end-to-end user experiences they want without taking on the overhead they don’t want. We process billions annually for platforms including GoFundMe, Meetup, Care.com, FreshBooks, and Constant Contact.
We’re well funded and growing so much that we were recently named to the 2015 Inc. 500 list as the 62nd fastest growing private company in America and the 5th fastest growing company in the Silicon Valley. We're also proud to have cultivated an open, supportive culture that cares deeply about customers, employees, and technology.