WellSky’s Applied Insights team is looking for an exceptional Senior Data Scientist to synthesize and leverage our massive data-set of millions of patient episodes to enhance point of care solutions. We are seeking a candidate with strong research, programming, and communication skills that will allow them to build and manage large data-sets, find insights, and work with our existing team to productize them. The data scientist should have a history of achievement in personal and professional data exploration and should be on top of the newest technologies used in the machine learning field.
This is a unique opportunity to join a new multidisciplinary team of creative and passionate individuals destined to change the face of post-acute healthcare, an $200B+ industry that cares for millions of patients after they leave the hospital. We work on high impact projects utilizing predictive analytics and machine learning to improve patient care. If you want to use your unique skills to make a real positive impact on the world- this is the place to do it.
As a WellSky Senior Data Scientist, you will build data-fueled products that help our customers improve patient care and better interact with healthcare payers and providers. You will become an expert on our health care data-sets and provide insight into analytic practices, lead iterative learning and development cycles, and ultimately produce creative analytic solutions that will become part of our company’s offerings. As a data scientist, you will work with cross-functional team members to identify and prioritize actionable, high impact insights across a variety of core business areas. As a team, Applied Insights focuses on initiatives that are leveraged across the breadth of our Software as a Service solutions for Post-Acute Healthcare and will research, design, implement and validate cutting edge algorithms to analyze diverse sources of data to achieve targeted outcomes.
As a Data Scientist, you will provide expertise on statistical concepts for the broader WellSky organization and inspire the adoption of advanced analytics and data science across the entire breadth of our company.
What we're looking for:
You are an expert in analyzing large, complex, multi-dimensional data-sets with a variety of tools. You are accomplished in the use of statistical analysis tools, including Python and/or R. You’re are comfortable querying databases using SQL-based languages. You are proficient in existing technologies, but always have an eye towards learning new things that can help you solve your challenges at hand.
- Highly skilled at Python programming for data science and may also use other languages for further exploration (R, SAS, Matlab, Spark).
- Deep understanding of foundational statistical and machine learning approaches, including supervised (regression and classification techniques),unsupervised (clustering) learning, as use of cross-validation methods for model tuning and selection.
- Use of graphical packages, like ggplot2, matplotlib, plotly, or seaborn, to visualize outcomes to a wide audience.
- 3+ years’ experience working as a data scientist, you solve complex analytical problems using quantitative approaches with your unique blend of analytical, mathematical and technical skills.
- Excellent communication skills, not only with other analytically-minded individuals, but a wider audience. This role commonly communicates with clients who do not have analytical backgrounds. Communication and presentation skills are a high priority.
- You are a ‘doer’. While planning and strategy are important steps for building products, you prefer BUILDING the products.
- Master’s Degree in Operations Research, Applied Statistics, Data Mining, Machine Learning or a related quantitative discipline
- Experience with cloud computing environments and tooling (e.g. AWS, Azure, Domino Data Lab, Alteryx, Data Robot).
- Familiarity with the software development lifecycle and version control (Git, Github, etc)
- Ability to independently navigate the data science process, ranging from identifying a business problem, acquiring data, experimenting with solutions, and sharing results.
- Familiarity and background in health care data analytics and use of protected health care data.
WellSky provides equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category.
Applicants for U.S. based positions with WellSky must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.