Wellist is seeking an outgoing, driven Patient Ambassador to serve as the face of the Wellist and
help make life easier for patients and their families. This person will provide patients with an in-
person introduction to the Wellist program in order to address any relevant non-medical needs
they have during their healthcare journey. This position requires on-site attendance at our client’s
hospital sites in the greater New Haven area.
Our ideal candidate will be energized by daily 1:1 communication with patients, passionate about
improving patient’s lives, and able to stay organized and professional in a busy hospital setting.
This position will work closely with patients, families, onsite hospital staff, as well as Wellist’s
internal Support and Client Success teams.
- Enrolls patients in the Wellist program by providing a warm, engaging, and professional
introduction to the program
- Accurately records patient information and relevant details from conversation to aid in
the creation of personalized resource recommendations
- Acts with empathy, discretion, and integrity across all patient and staff interactions
- Learns quickly and adapts to changing needs, while always upholding Wellist values and
leading with empathy
- Serves as the face of Wellist with our client; shares challenges, learnings, and
recommendations with Wellist colleagues
- Empathy: Able to understand and address evolving patient and caregiver needs
throughout the patient journey
- Communication: Exhibits succinct and clear written and oral communication skills;
capable of focusing on high impact messaging given limited staff and patient bandwidth
- Resilience: Able to practice patience and the active listening skills required to provide
patients and caregivers with necessary tools
- Enthusiasm: Demonstrates a passion for the Wellist mission, and a commitment to
improving the lives of patients and caregivers
- Safety: Able to adhere to CDC and client guidelines regarding PPE, sanitation and
hygiene, and patient interactions
- Authorized to work in United States
- Able to work on site in the Greater New Haven area, across several hospital sites
- Must show record of required vaccinations, as defined by the CDC and client
- Conversational Spanish speaker (preferred)
- Some experience in a clinical setting (preferred)
- Ability to demonstrate proven track record of success
Wellist partners with healthcare organizations that truly care about the patient experience to personally guide families to the support they need - from non-medical support services, to client resources and information, and personal social support. Our patient and caregiver engagement programs amplify the compassionate care delivered by front line staff to drive patient satisfaction, optimize staff productivity and address barriers to adherence across the care continuum.
Wellist’s outstanding contributions have been recognized by organizations including MassTLC (Most Innovative Technology of the Year – Healthcare), Rock Health (Top 50 in Digital Health honoree, Diversity Leadership), American Business Awards (Company of the Year, Silver Stevie – Health Products and Service) and BostInno (50onFire, Health and Medicine winner).
Why work here
- A meaningful mission - join a team that makes a difference for patients and families.
- Outstanding benefits - excellent medical and dental insurance coverage, life & disability insurance, up to 3 weeks of PTO and a generous parental leave policy.
- Opportunities to develop your career - expand your resume with a Series A stage healthcare startup.