Remote within the US. Please do not apply if you are not authorized to work in the US.
All candidates are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, as defined by the CDC.
Wellist is a consumer navigation company focused on addressing the full breadth of needs of our users. We are expanding our offerings to address the growing needs of employers and their teams. Through an omni-channel program combining proprietary technology, human services and unique data, Wellist aims to address workplace mental health, burnout, and employee retention.
Wellist’s outstanding contributions have been recognized by organizations including MassTLC (Most Innovative Technology of the Year – Healthcare), Rock Health (Top 50 in Digital Health honoree, Diversity Leadership), American Business Awards (Company of the Year, Silver Stevie – Health Products and Service) and BostInno (50onFire, Health and Medicine winner).
Wellist is seeking an ambitious and driven Senior Sales Executive to drive commercial growth for a dynamic, fast paced, digital-health startup with a user-centric mission. They will be responsible for prospecting and building a high-value sales pipeline to achieve aggressive revenue targets.
As the first commercial lead bringing Wellist’s new offering to market, this role will establish Wellist’s positioning as a leading employee navigation solutions company, develop and implement the overall sales strategy, cultivate individual account plans, and continually and consistently drive sales growth. Serving as the voice of the customer, this role will partner closely with Wellist’s Head of Product to share market insights to inform strategic decisions and ensure product-market fit. This is an exciting opportunity to help develop a new commercial offering and grow with the company.
This is a highly visible role requiring a deep knowledge of the employer benefits and wellbeing space, proven leadership, and persistent and persuasive interactions with human resources, finance and operations executives.
- Track record of successfully selling to human resource and finance buyers
- Proven ability to collect and provide commercial feedback in quantitative and qualitative formats for product and operations teams to refine the offering
- Experience successfully selling emerging solutions and leveraging consultative sales approach
- Demonstrable experience consistently achieving and exceeding revenue targets
- Adaptability and resilience to continually iterate and improve GTM approach
- Passion for empowering consumers with tools to make life more manageable
- Help validate the initial market thesis and refine the commercial offering
- Formulate a go-to-market strategy and materials
- Formulate and execute a lead generation plan to build robust pipeline of deals, including leveraging company and personal networks and strategic partners for introductions
- Own the full client acquisition cycle from research and targeting through first contact and close
- Manage breadth of stakeholder relationships with prospective clients, including human resources and finance buyers across the sales cycle
- Drive a metrics-driven sales process to ensure quarterly and annual revenue targets are met
- Maintain and improve CRM system
The successful candidate must be an entrepreneurial, customer-focused leader and natural closer with excellent written and verbal communication skills. Comfort with ambiguity and strong knowledge of the broad benefits delivery system and a commensurate network of human resources contacts is a must.
Sales leadership and expertise: 3+ years of sales or business development experience. Deep knowledge and understanding of techniques in account targeting, prospecting, lead generation, deal development, closing, contract and price negotiations, building and maintaining senior executive relationships, forecasting, budgeting and reporting. Experience and passion for continually refining and iterating on the pitch for an evolving healthcare market.
Proven success: Documented achievement of sales objectives in a variety of distribution structures and product segments
Advanced relationship skills: Display personal qualities and professional skills that engender trust amongst key stakeholders at target accounts. Ability to develop strong and lasting partnerships with customers, turning them into company and product advocates willing to speak on our behalf
Communication/Presentation skills: Build credibility by demonstrating vast product, company, competitor, industry expertise related to benefits delivery and evolving dynamics. Speaking methods and style that naturally highlight big picture value propositions, inspire leadership and innovation, and entice participation and partnership
Business judgment: Understands Wellist’s business model and implements sales strategies to capitalize on opportunities and reduce competitive threats. Constantly leads by example by way of impeccable integrity and professionalism and exhibits an honest/customer-centric attitude at all times
Ownership: Generates and communicates clear priorities, independently drives core activities, effectively gathers and incorporates feedback, and takes personal stake in advancing the Wellist mission
Why work here:
A meaningful mission: Join a team passionate about making a difference in the daily lives of our users.
Outstanding benefits: Taking care of ourselves is important for taking care of others. Excellent medical and dental insurance coverage, life & disability insurance, up to 3 weeks of PTO and a generous parental leave policy.
Opportunities to develop your career: Grow your resume with a Series A stage healthcare startup by directly supporting the operations and growth of the organization.