Wellist partners with hospitals that truly care about the patient experience to personally guide families to the support they need - from non-medical support services, to hospital resources and information, and personal social support. Our patient and caregiver engagement programs amplify the compassionate care delivered by front line staff to drive patient satisfaction, optimize staff productivity and address barriers to adherence across the care continuum.
Wellist’s outstanding contributions have been recognized by organizations including MassTLC (Most Innovative Technology of the Year – Healthcare), Rock Health (Top 50 in Digital Health honoree, Diversity Leadership), American Business Awards (Company of the Year, Silver Stevie – Health Products and Service) and BostInno (50onFire, Health and Medicine winner).
An important part of our solution is an online platform that generates algorithm-based recommendations for patients and their families. These recommendations are pulled from our proprietary database. The Resource Development Manager and their team are responsible for creating and maintaining this database by collecting information about vendors primarily through online research and vetting of potential vendors primarily through phone calls and emails. The manager will ensure the timeliness, accuracy and robustness of all inputs into our database. This is critically important in ensuring that what patients and their families see is helpful, accurate, complete and up-to-date.
This role establishes work procedures and standards to improve efficiency and effectiveness of day-to-day team operations, monitors for compliance with established policies and quality guidelines, and works in close collaboration with Product Patient, Support and Client Launch teams to ensure high end-user satisfaction and on-time launches.
- Team Management: Hire and provide daily hands-on management of Resource Development Representatives. Build and enhance detailed policies, processes and tools to ensure high quality standards. Create and manage mission-driven team culture of service excellence.
- Analytics and Reporting: Create and report to Leadership on key quality and efficiency metrics.
- Collaboration: Work alongside Patient Support, Product and Client Launch teams to ensure high end-user satisfaction and on-time launches.
- Quality Improvement: Participate in departmental and organization-wide quality assurance activities.
- Directory Maintenance: leading by example, the Resource Development Manager is expected to also directly contribute to database creation and maintenance.
What We Need From You:
- Compassion: Personally committed to improving the lives of patients and family caregivers
- Adaptability: Ability to be flexible and wear multiple hats at a fast pace startup-like enviornment
- Communication: Able to communicate with team of Resource Development Representatives and colleagues on other teams across time zones to ensure success
- Attention to detail: Delivers work that is accurate and complete
- Work ethic: Is self-driven to meet and exceed expectations. Consistently delivers high levels of personal and team performance
- Critical Thinking: Ability to evaluate quality and quantity deficiencies in the directory and find innovative ways to fill the gaps.
Why work here:
- A meaningful mission - join a team that makes a difference for patients and families.
- Outstanding benefits - excellent medical and dental insurance coverage, life & disability insurance, up to 3 weeks of PTO and a generous parental leave policy.
- Opportunities to develop your career - expand your resume with a Series A stage healthcare startup.