Wellist is a leading healthcare company that partners with healthcare organizations who truly care about the patient experience to personally guide families to the support they need - from non-medical support services, to hospital resources and information, and personal social support.
Wellist’s outstanding contributions in the technology and healthcare community have been recognized by organizations including MassTLC (Most Innovative Technology of the Year – Healthcare), Rock Health (Top 50 in Digital Health honoree, Diversity Leadership), American Business Awards (Company of the Year, Silver Stevie – Health Products and Service) and BostInno (50onFire, Health and Medicine winner).
Wellist is seeking a driven and thoughtful Head of People to support the scaling of our growing team. Reporting to the CEO, this role will work closely with hiring executives and managers to recruit for open roles and onboard new employees. Other key responsibilities will include facilitating and implementing processes and policies that support organizational goals, including performance management and talent assessment. The ideal candidate will be able to promote a culture of high performance, respect, and dedication to our mission.
- Lead recruitment of top talent across the organization
- Conducts primary research (e.g., LinkedIn) to identify, outreach to, and engage with top talent for roles across all levels of the organization
- Responsible for screening and first round interviews for selected roles from inbound applications and recruiting outreaches
- Responsible for collecting internal feedback on candidates and coordination of offer documentation when applicable
- Responsible for relationship management with external recruiting partners when applicable
- Owns the management of a timely, efficient, and friendly candidate experience across all stages of the hiring process
- Assists in creation and editing of job descriptions, as well as posting and maintenance of all open positions
- Assists with the retention and development of existing talent
- Supports continued iterations and implementations of org processes and policies to retain top talent
- Assists with onboarding for all employees and set expectations for high performance
- Collaborates with senior leaders to establish and develop methods to track and evaluate employee effectiveness and performance
- Acts with integrity and supports a culture of high performance, collaboration, accountability, and rapid innovation
- Organizes all-team events as they relate to in-person or remote off-sites, retreats, etc.
- Facilitates and supports employee on-boarding and exit processes, including documentation and tracking of necessary legal documents
- Supports benefits management and payroll administration
- Co-coordinate with COS, CEO and CFO for all HR-related legal paperwork and documentation for execution and appropriately maintaining to the highest level of standards and security
- Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose. Focuses on the most important message for each audience
- Organization and Planning: Plans, organizes, schedules and budgets effectively to ensure all milestones are delivered on time and within budget
- Collaboration: Can proactively engage others and communicate effectively cross-functionally across the entire organization
- High Standards: Acts with the highest level of integrity and delivers best personal and team performance
- Ownership: Generates and communicates clear priorities, independently drives core activities, effectively gathers, and incorporates feedback on advanced work product
Wellist Culture Competencies:
- Refreshing: Brings upbeat “can-do” attitude and creative new ideas to help make life easier for our users, customers, partners, and colleagues
- Empathetic: Understands others’ experiences and emotions. Acts with kindness, compassion, and respect
- Empowering: Takes accountability for helping others succeed. Coaches and develops others at all levels of the organization
- Trustworthy: Does what is right. Speaks truthfully and acts with integrity. Follows through on commitments
- Adaptable: Flexible. Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change
Why work here:
- A meaningful mission. Join a growing team that is making a difference in healthcare by improving the lives of patients and families.
- Interesting, diverse team members. Whether it's book club, daily trivia, or an international potluck, Wellist is an amazing community of caring people.
- Outstanding benefits. We offer excellent medical and dental insurance coverage, life & disability insurance, up to 3 weeks of PTO and a generous parental leave policy.
- Opportunities to develop your career. Learn from executives and expand your resume with a Series A stage healthcare startup. Company off-sites help us align on the strategic priorities, spend time with remote team members and possibly enjoy an escape room.