Head of Client Success and Operations
(Boston preferred, open to remote candidates eligible to work within the U.S.)
Wellist is seeking a hands-on leader ready to implement meaningful change to existing operations, enable the scaling of Wellist and ensure value to our clients. This role will design and manage our consumer navigation programs, which help hospitals enhance the patient experience by providing information, resources, and support to patients and their families. As a senior leader, this role will own a portfolio of client relationships, serve as the primary relationship manager, ensure the full execution of all client deliverables, and hit all key client metrics.
The ideal candidate for the Head of Client Success has experience building and pioneering new processes and workflows within a quickly growing, early-stage company.
You should apply if:
- You enjoy rolling up your sleeves, owning “hands-on” work, and implementing structural changes
- You prefer building new operations in place of “monitoring and overseeing” existing operations
- You are excited to influence the framework Wellist uses to ensure success as we expand our client base
Drive high-impact client programs
- Implement an engagement and communications model to drive user referrals and ensure client & staff satisfaction
- Optimize a variety of enrollment tactics (email, staff referrals, patient rounding) to ensure maximum eligible patients converted to enrolled users
- Ensure strong metrics to support Wellist’s ROI, resulting in contract renewals and expansions across
Define and implement operational changes to support a “next generation” client implementation
- Streamline processes, deliverables, and workflows to minimize cost and complexity associated with client implementations.
- Clearly define interdependencies and identify resource requirements. KPIs include the reduction of client resources required for a launch (hours and deliverables) and improvement of client engagement and experience (retention and satisfaction)
- Utilize cross-functional program management to enable a “go-live” timeline of four weeks
Develop new Client Success framework model
- Build a next generation organizational plan to support the high growth of new clients
- Build and manage a team of direct reports
- Successfully influence and indirectly manage staff and resources from client sites
- Work and collaborate with the growth team to support the sales process by sharing market intelligence and trends
- 8+ years of experience in client services, relationship management or program management roles
- 2+ years at a venture-backed startup
- Demonstrated success building strong partnerships with senior executives to drive organizational change, ideally in a hospital setting
- Prior experience managing complex client relationships and delivering value
- Ideally, deep expertise in patient experience and/or front-line care transformation
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Public Health, or a related field preferred
- (When it becomes safe) An ability to travel 20 to 30%, potentially increasing over time as the business grows
Wellist partners with hospitals that truly care about the patient experience to personally guide families to the support they need - from non-medical support services, to hospital resources and information, and personal social support. Our patient and caregiver engagement programs amplify the compassionate care delivered by front line staff to drive patient satisfaction, optimize staff productivity and address barriers to adherence across the care continuum.
Wellist’s outstanding contributions have been recognized by organizations including MassTLC (Most Innovative Technology of the Year – Healthcare), Rock Health (Top 50 in Digital Health honoree, Diversity Leadership), American Business Awards (Company of the Year, Silver Stevie – Health Products and Service) and BostInno (50onFire, Health and Medicine winner).
Why work here:
- A meaningful mission - join a team that makes a difference for patients and families.
- Outstanding benefits - excellent medical and dental insurance coverage, life & disability insurance, up to 3 weeks of PTO and a generous parental leave policy.
- Opportunities to develop your career - expand your resume with a Series A stage healthcare startup.