Wellist partners with hospitals that truly care about the patient experience to personally guide families to the support they need - from non-medical support services, to hospital resources and information, and personal social support. Our patient and caregiver engagement programs amplify the compassionate care delivered by front line staff to drive patient satisfaction, optimize staff productivity and address barriers to adherence across the care continuum.
Wellist’s outstanding contributions have been recognized by organizations including MassTLC (Most Innovative Technology of the Year – Healthcare), Rock Health (Top 50 in Digital Health honoree, Diversity Leadership), American Business Awards (Company of the Year, Silver Stevie – Health Products and Service) and BostInno (50onFire, Health and Medicine winner).
Wellist is looking for an Engineering Team Lead to own the full life cycle of development, including design and architecture and managing a small team of engineers. Help us build our products by contributing to the API (Ruby on Rails) and web frontend (JS/ES6 React/Redux) development. Collaborate with all product stakeholders to deliver high-quality, scalable code through agile and continuous delivery methodologies. Mentor development staff and help us to maintain a culture of constant professional development and growth.
You Should Have:
- 7+ years professional software development experience with a strong understanding of Rails (a must)
- Experience leading or managing a development team via Agile Scrum (a must)
- Experience with AWS container services (a must), Kubernetes (a plus), and CI/CD continuous deployments (a must)
- Be a team player with excellent written and spoken English communication skills (a must)
- Ample real-world experience (a must)
- Experience with security standards (financial, health) and their practical implications to development architectures (a plus)
The right candidate will be someone who loves to get their hands dirty building and enjoys coaching and mentoring a team. You also love the Wellist mission and want to make an impact on the development of products that help people get well. You will have something to teach us about the craft of software development. You are experienced at interpreting product requirements to understand impact and feasibility, and you can work collaboratively with our product stakeholders to achieve underlying goals.
- Work on a small (but growing) team that uses mature software practices
- Promote a culture of quality within your team, while still being willing to accept help
- Identify, get buy in for, and implement best practices for quality and efficient engineering
- Encourage professional development and growth, both for you and your team
Why work here:
We’re a team united by a driving passion to improve the lives of patients and families. We work tirelessly together to do the right thing for our clients, patients, and each other - and doing the right thing, it turns out, isn’t that easy. With equal parts grit, creativity, empathy, adaptability and just plain hard work, we strive to make the impossible possible: empowering all patients.
- A meaningful mission. Join a growing team that is making a difference in healthcare by improving the lives of patients and families.
- A fun office environment. The fridge is always stocked, the snacks are abundant, and we even have a dog or two to snuggle.
- Interesting, diverse team members. Whether it's book club, daily trivia or an international potluck, Wellist is an amazing community of caring people.
- Outstanding benefits. We offer excellent medical and dental insurance coverage, life & disability insurance, 3 weeks of PTO and a generous parental leave policy.
- Opportunities to develop your career. Learn from executives and expand your resume with a Series A stage healthcare startup. Company off-sites help us align on the strategic priorities, spend time with team members and possibly enjoy an escape room.
- Delicious perks. We love Bagel Wednesdays so much, we named our conference rooms after our favorites (meet you in Sesame).