Wellist partners with hospitals that truly care about the patient experience to personally guide families to the support they need - from non-medical support services, to hospital resources and information, and personal social support. Our patient and caregiver engagement programs amplify the compassionate care delivered by front line staff to drive patient satisfaction, optimize staff productivity and address barriers to adherence across the care continuum.
Wellist’s outstanding contributions have been recognized by organizations including MassTLC (Most Innovative Technology of the Year – Healthcare), Rock Health (Top 50 in Digital Health honoree, Diversity Leadership), American Business Awards (Company of the Year, Silver Stevie – Health Products and Service) and BostInno (50onFire, Health and Medicine winner).
Wellist is seeking a detail-oriented individual with a commitment to making life easier for patients and their families. A successful Patient Support Coordinator will be committed to finding, confirming, and recording vendor information so that patients will have access to the most helpful and appropriate information. You will be responsible for maximum, timely outreach to patients, families and hospital staff by phone and/or email. The Patient Support Coordinator works closely with patients, families, hospital staff and internal and external stakeholders. A successful candidate will maintain a good understanding of Wellist's directory. The successful candidate must be a well organized, detail-oriented, committed to improving quality of life for patients, and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Acts as Wellist representative and patient advocate.
- Responds to patient and patient family questions, requests and concerns; resolving patient requests; reporting unresolved issues and referring back to hospital teams, as appropriate
- Maintains patient and family confidence by adhering to HIPAA and other relevant security and privacy guidelines
- Create a rich patient support and resource network by identifying a comprehensive list of qualified local vendors for each category (i.e. Lodging, Transportation, Parking, Meal delivery, etc.)
- Responsible for cold-calling or emailing vendors by both phone and email to confirm accuracy of listing and spread awareness of Wellist brand and mission
- Precisely and eloquently represents Wellist in all communications
- Increases Wellist value and impact for patients by building vendor relationships and negotiating discounts on behalf of patients
Empathetic: Understands the needs of patients and families and writes listings with patients in mind
Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose. Focuses on the most important message
Efficiency: Able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort
Attention to detail: Delivers work that is accurate and complete
Work ethic: Possesses a strong willingness to work hard. Delivers the best personal performance at all times
Enthusiasm: Self-motivated, able to prioritize multiple issues, solid organizational skills, ability to track projects/tasks and follow through as needed. Exhibits passion and excitement over work. Personally committed to improving the lives of patients and family caregivers
Follow through on Commitments: Able to manage time-sensitive projects and meet deadlines
Wellist Culture Competencies:
Refreshing: Brings upbeat “can-do” attitude and creative new ideas to help make life easier for our users, customers, partners and colleagues
Empathetic: Understands others’ experiences and emotions. Acts with kindness, compassion and respect
Empowering: Takes accountability for helping others succeed. Coaches and develops others at all levels of the organization
Trustworthy: Does what is right. Speaks truthfully and acts with integrity. Follows through on commitmentsAdaptable: Flexible. Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change
Why work here
- A meaningful mission. Join a growing team that is making a difference in healthcare by improving the lives of patients and families.
- A fun office environment. The fridge is always stocked, the snacks are abundant, and we even have a dog or two to snuggle.
- Interesting, diverse team members. Whether it's book club, daily trivia or an international potluck, Wellist is an amazing community of caring people.
- Outstanding benefits. We offer excellent medical and dental insurance coverage, life & disability insurance, 3 weeks of PTO and a generous parental leave policy.
- Opportunities to develop your career. Learn from executives and expand your resume with a Series A stage healthcare startup. Company off-sites help us align on the strategic priorities, spend time with team members and possibly enjoy an escape room.
- Delicious perks. We love Bagel Wednesdays so much, we named our conference rooms after our favorites (meet you in Sesame).