Wellist partners with hospitals that truly care about the patient experience to personally guide families to the support they need - from non-medical support services, to hospital resources and information, and personal social support. Our patient and caregiver engagement programs amplify the compassionate care delivered by front line staff to drive patient satisfaction, optimize staff productivity and address barriers to adherence across the care continuum.
Wellist’s outstanding contributions have been recognized by organizations including MassTLC (Most Innovative Technology of the Year – Healthcare), Rock Health (Top 50 in Digital Health honoree, Diversity Leadership), American Business Awards (Company of the Year, Silver Stevie – Health Products and Service) and BostInno (50onFire, Health and Medicine winner).
Why work here
- A meaningful mission. Join a growing team that is making a difference in healthcare by improving the lives of patients and families.
- A fun office environment. The fridge is always stocked, the snacks are abundant, and we even have a dog or two to snuggle.
- Interesting, diverse team members. Whether it's book club, daily trivia or an international potluck, Wellist is an amazing community of caring people.
- Outstanding benefits. We offer excellent medical and dental insurance coverage, life & disability insurance, up to 3 weeks of PTO and a generous parental leave policy.
- Opportunities to develop your career. Learn from executives and expand your resume with a Series A stage healthcare startup. Company off-sites help us align on the strategic priorities, spend time with remote team members and possibly enjoy an escape room.
- Delicious perks. We love Bagel Wednesdays so much, we named our conference rooms after our favorites (meet you in Sesame).
Wellist is seeking a Director of Client Services to manage our Integrated Experience Solutions which help hospitals enhance the patient experience by addressing their patients’ non-clinical needs. As a member of the Leadership Team, the Director will own a portfolio of client relationships, serving as the primary relationship manager and driving the full execution of all program deliverables. The Director is responsible for ensuring that key client metrics are met (i.e. patient enrollment, staff satisfaction), clients are highly referenceable, and that Wellist renews and expand our relationships with them.
- Provide exceptional relationship management to existing clients to ensure key goals are met and exceeded (~60%)
- Demonstrate ability to drive Wellist programs to full potential by partnering with client stakeholders at all levels (i.e. Executive sponsor, Front Desk Administrator)
- Provide clear and consistent communication to a targeted list of client stakeholders to build and maintain strong client commitment and ensure staff satisfaction
- Anticipate and creatively resolve roadblocks to ensure program success so that all clients are highly satisfied, renew / expand their relationship with Wellist, and can be referenced
- Identify expansion opportunities and cross-sell Wellist Solutions into other departments of the health system
- Successfully manage Sr. Manager Client Operations and Sr. Manager Patient Support to ensure all client performance metrics and program milestones are delivered on time and within budget (~30%)
- Actively coach team to drive organizational performance and professional growth
- Ensure Patient Support and Client Operations teams have the people, processes and tools to deliver value for patients, clients and Wellist
- Help build a world class patient experience solutions company (~10% of the position)
- Identify and address opportunities to further enhance the Wellist program by partnering with Wellist colleagues to drive cross-functional improvements
- Attract and retain top talent across Client Delivery and Patient Support teams
- Support a culture of high performance, collaboration, accountability, and rapid innovation to ensure the highest quality of service
Key success metrics:
The Director of Client Services is directly responsible for ensuring that key client and program metrics are met. These metrics include:
- Client retention
- Client expansion revenue
- Patient and family (user) enrollment growth
- Client and staff satisfaction
- NPS (i.e. ability to be a reference)
- 7+ years of experience in client services, relationship management or program management roles
- Demonstrated success building strong partnerships with senior hospital executives to drive organizational change
- Deep expertise in patient experience and/or care transformation
- Prior experience managing complex client relationships and delivering value
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Public Health, or a related field preferred
- Ability to travel 30-50%, potentially increasing over time as the business grows
Wellist Culture Competencies:
Refreshing: Brings upbeat “can-do” attitude and creative new ideas to help make life easier for our users, customers, partners and colleagues
Empathetic: Understands others’ experiences and emotions. Acts with kindness, compassion and respect
Empowering: Takes accountability for helping others succeed. Coaches and develops others at all levels of the organization
Trustworthy: Does what is right. Speaks truthfully and acts with integrity. Follows through on commitments
Adaptable: Flexible. Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change