Wellist partners with hospitals that truly care about the patient experience to personally guide families to the support they need - from non-medical support services, to hospital resources and information, and personal social support. Our patient and caregiver engagement programs amplify the compassionate care delivered by front line staff to drive patient satisfaction, optimize staff productivity and address barriers to adherence across the care continuum.
Wellist’s outstanding contributions have been recognized by organizations including MassTLC (Most Innovative Technology of the Year – Healthcare), Rock Health (Top 50 in Digital Health honoree, Diversity Leadership), American Business Awards (Company of the Year, Silver Stevie – Health Products and Service) and BostInno (50onFire, Health and Medicine winner).
Why work here
- A meaningful mission. Join a growing team that is making a difference in healthcare by improving the lives of patients and families.
- A fun office environment. The fridge is always stocked, the snacks are abundant, and we even have a dog or two to snuggle.
- Interesting, diverse team members. Whether it's book club, daily trivia or an international potluck, Wellist is an amazing community of caring people.
- Outstanding benefits. We offer excellent medical and dental insurance coverage, life & disability insurance, up to 3 weeks of PTO and a generous parental leave policy.
- Opportunities to develop your career. Learn from executives and expand your resume with a Series A stage healthcare startup. Company off-sites help us align on the strategic priorities, spend time with remote team members and possibly enjoy an escape room.
- Delicious perks. We love Bagel Wednesdays so much, we named our conference rooms after our favorites (meet you in Sesame).
With our recent round of funding, Wellist is inventing the next phase of our product focused on improved patient experience. We have a great many technical and product opportunities and we’re looking for great engineers to help us define what is possible. Help us build our products by contributing to the API (Ruby on Rails), and our web front end (js/es6 react/redux). Collaborate with all product stakeholders to deliver exceptional code and contribute to the ground-up construction of an application through agile and continuous delivery methodologies. Mentor junior staff and help us to continue a culture of constant professional development and growth.
The right candidate will be someone who loves building software, loves our mission, and wants to make a real impact on the development of products that help people get well. You will have something to teach us. You will be excited about building the craft of software development, and about working with a team of collaborators who teach and learn together. This is not a “sink or swim” environment.
- You want to use software to help people.
- You want to work on a small team that uses mature software practices.
- 5+ years of experience building complex, algorithm-driven back-end services and leveraging multiple technologies
- 5+ years of experience designing and implementing elegant and robust web service APIs
- Competence with modern front-end toolkits, such as backbone, angular, ember, or react
- You have experience with Ruby on Rails, or equivalent, with a demonstration of your ability to come up to speed quickly.
- You have experience with AWS.
- You are passionate about keeping up to date with industry trends and use this knowledge to move forward your software projects and to challenge standing assumptions
- Quality is important to you, and you have developed personal practices to help you achieve a high standard for quality
- You are effective at promoting a culture of quality within your team, while still being willing to take help.
- You are experienced interpreting product requirements to understand feasibility and, and work collaboratively with our product stakeholders to achieve underlining goals.
- You have the ability and desire to independently deliver software.
- You continuously strive for professional development and growth, both for you and for the people you mentor. You have a vision for our industry, and the future of software development.
- You’ll form an opinion on our product. And you know how to communicate with your teammates about those opinions: Strong opinions, weakly held.
Wellist Culture Competencies
- Refreshing: You bring an upbeat “can-do” attitude and creative new ideas to help make life easier for our users, customers, partners and colleagues.
- Adaptable: You adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions. You cope effectively with complexity and change.
- Empathetic: You understand others’ experiences and emotions. You act with kindness, compassion and respect.
- Empowering: You take accountability for helping others succeed. You can coach and develop others at all levels of the organization.
- Trustworthy: You speak truthfully and act with integrity. You make, and follow through on commitments, honoring deadlines.