Wellist partners with hospitals that truly care about the patient experience to personally guide families to the support they need - from non-medical support services, to hospital resources and information, and personal social support. Our patient and caregiver engagement programs amplify the compassionate care delivered by front line staff to drive patient satisfaction, optimize staff productivity and address barriers to adherence across the care continuum.
Wellist’s outstanding contributions have been recognized by organizations including MassTLC (Most Innovative Technology of the Year – Healthcare), Rock Health (Top 50 in Digital Health honoree, Diversity Leadership), American Business Awards (Company of the Year, Silver Stevie – Health Products and Service) and BostInno (50onFire, Health and Medicine winner).
The VP, Product will be responsible for engaging, retaining and delighting our users and provider clients through an outstanding user experience. Reporting to the CEO, you will own all facets of product management including determining strategic priorities, defining the quantitative and qualitative measures of success, and overseeing all aspects of product requirements and design across multiple platforms. You will be the person accountable for translating our incredible vision into a concrete product roadmap and detailed execution plans as well as ensuring that all product milestones and KPIs are delivered with excellence. If you are comfortable being a roll-up-your-sleeves, hands-on leader, this role is for you.
Key Outcomes and Deliverables:
Define a product roadmap to deliver a best-in-class patient empowerment solution
- Demonstrate clear understanding of stakeholders’ needs, our market, business model and economics
- Have deep knowledge of key industry trends, including but not limited to: technology, competitors, consumer behaviors and expectations
- Synthesize all intelligence into clear theses and define user/product tests for ongoing validation
- Outline the product requirements and user experience for product to be built
- Ensure the UX/UI and resources fully support the product definition and strategy
- Gain approval for product strategy that is fully aligned with Wellist financial and operational objectives as defined by CEO, Board and Management Team
Define – in detail – the product that the engineering team will build and designer will layout
- Translate product roadmap and high-level business/product requirements from CEO and Executive Leadership Team into clear, actionable engineering and design deliverables
- Manage a strong, prioritized backlog based on highest-impact enhancements
- Align all key stakeholders on path forward (e.g. sprints, quarterly reviews)
Test and refine product based on qualitative and quantitative feedback
- Develop, analyze, and synthesize both end user (e.g. patient, caregiver) and client (e.g. hospital, payer) feedback on a periodic basis
- Cultivate a solid set of reference users
- Leverage user experience development process to iterate on solution (Requirements/Goals – Concepts – Wireframes – Prototype – User Feedback)
Ensure all product milestones are delivered on-time and on-budget
- Recruit, manage, and mentor a talented team of Product Managers and Designers
- Translate product roadmap into clear engineering deliverables for the product development team (by sprint, quarter, fiscal year) to maximize the effectiveness of the software development cycle
- Identify and remove roadblocks for all product-related challenges
- Provide status reporting to ensure full execution of product deliverables
- 7+ years of product leadership experience at an established, consumer-facing startup or technology company
- Demonstrated success recruiting and managing talented product managers and designers
- Adept at working in an agile environment with talented engineering teams
- Expertise leading consumer-facing products across various healthcare verticals and/or e-commerce platforms
- BS/BA required; MBA a plus
- Deep customer knowledge and empathy: Ability to research and analyze customer feedback and interface directly with customers to acquire the necessary qualitative and quantitative data to inform product strategy and deliverables
- Collaboration and Communication: Can proactively engage others and communicate effectively with customers and colleagues cross-functionally across Operations, Engineering, Marketing, Client Delivery and Call Support as well as to senior management. Skilled in change management.
- Organization and Planning: Plans, organizes, schedules and budgets effectively to ensure all milestones are delivered on time and within budget.
- Business judgment: Understands Wellist business model, appropriately filters ideas for feasibility/risk/return, understands how to make trade-offs between speed and quality, and shows ability to independently drive consensus on high-impact product decisions.
- Ownership: Generates and communicates clear priorities, independently drives core activities, effectively gathers and incorporates feedback on advanced work product
- Practices design thinking: Experienced in human-centered design and comfortable leading design teams to creative solutions.
- Technically savvy: Effectively partners with the developers to identify the optimal way to apply technology to solve customer problems.
Wellist Culture Competencies:
- Refreshing: Brings upbeat “can-do” attitude and creative new ideas to help make life easier for our users, customers, partners and colleagues
- Empathetic: Understands others’ experiences and emotions. Acts with kindness, compassion and respect
- Empowering: Takes accountability for helping others succeed. Coaches and develops others at all levels of the organization
- Trustworthy: Does what is right. Speaks truthfully and acts with integrity. Follows through on commitments
- Adaptable: Flexible. Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change