ABOUT WELL HEALTH
Our Mission: Make healthcare the gold standard in customer service.
What We Deliver: WELL™ Health is a SaaS digital health leader in patient communications and the 2021 Best in KLAS winner in Patient Outreach. WELL Health’s intelligent communications hub is the only two-way digital health solution engaging patients throughout their entire care experience. WELL Health enables conversations between patients and their providers through secure, multilingual messaging in the patient’s preferred communications channel: texting, email, telephone, and live chat. By unifying and automating disjointed communications, WELL Health helps healthcare organizations drive more patient visits, build exceptional patient loyalty, and reduce staffing costs, frustration and turnover.
Our Impact: WELL Health helps 200k+ healthcare providers facilitate more than 1 billion messages for 30+ million patients annually.
Our award-winning culture: In 2021, WELL Health was named #10 on the Forbes list of America’s Best Startup Employers and was also recognized as one of the Best Midsize Companies to Work for in Los Angeles by Built In LA. Additionally, WELL is proud to recently be named #484 on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies. In 2020, WELL Health was named among the Best Places to Work by Modern Healthcare.
WELL is looking for a jack of all trades, Senior Information Security Officer to support our company-wide information security risk and governance program. You will report directly to our VP, CISO. You will be responsible for setting up and running the security operations that keep our customers’ and our company’s data safe. You will come in on day one and learn our control frameworks, and help operate controls across each domain of the program. You are excited about being involved in all facets of security, and you have a passion for keeping data safe.
You have strong organization skills, and work well across departments. You are able to wear multiple hats, and manage large initiatives such as a full HITRUST audit. You will quickly be able to operationalize compliance requirements, and identify and mitigate technology risks for the company. You will have the ability to develop, implement, and execute on processes in a fast-paced environment.
This position is an exciting opportunity if you are looking to be at the forefront of healthcare technology and are passionate about security.
- Administer and operate our GRC (Governance, Risk, and Compliance) tool and ensure compliance requirements such as HITRUST, HIPAA, and GDPR are met
- Develop and maintain security / technology related policies, procedures, and standards that address security requirements related to strategies, regulations, and business & technology risks
- Perform information security control reviews and assessments across technology and business teams
- Identify, quantify, track, and lead mitigation of risks and control exceptions in collaboration with Third Party Risk program requirements
- Lead audit efforts related to HITRUST, SOC2, and various other audits
- Maintain asset inventory and risk reduction response documentation
- Participate in security related meetings with clients
- Respond to RFPs and security questionnaires
- Respond to security related incidents
- A Bachelor's degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Computer Information Systems, or a related discipline (or equivalent experience)
- Relevant security certifications such as CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional), CISM (Certified Information Security Manager), CISMP (Certificate in Information Security Management Principles)
- 3-5 years of experience in one or all of the following: Information technology security programs, audits, assessments, risk, or remediation management work experience
- Experience with data privacy/protection
- Experience with FedRAMP Authorization
- Excellent communication skills, and an ability to collaborate with members of various teams
- Good problem analysis, problem-solving, and judgment skills
- Strong project management skills
- Bonus: HITRUST, ISO 27001, HIPAA, NIST 800-53, PCI DSS, SSAE 18 and/or other risk-centric standards and frameworks
- Internal or external IT audit experience
- Healthcare experience
- Experience creating software user training materials
- Experience with cloud based infrastructure security principles
- Experience working with distributed teams
- Startup experience
- SaaS experience
WELL is headquartered in Santa Barbara, CA. For this role, we are looking for candidates that are currently located within the United States and are seeking a permanently remote role. #LI-Remote
WORKING AT WELL
- Fantastic company culture – frequent Zoom company events (Lunch & Learns, trivia, yoga, etc.) and daily fun brought to you by many creative Slack channels.
- Employee equity groups – 11 groups available for all to join. Black & Latinx, Women, LGBTQ+, Disability, and many more!
- Learning and development – frequent events and tools available to help our employees #PursueGrowth.
- Career mobility – we promote from within and have opportunities for employees to transfer between teams.
- Santa Barbara office perks – dog-friendly office, healthy (and unhealthy) snacks, Kombucha and beer on tap, light-filled space, standing desks, and the occasional taco truck.
- Company perks and benefits – MacBook Pro provided, unlimited PTO, generous equity package and full health benefits (medical, dental, and vision).
Committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
WELL Health Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fair and equitable hiring practices. All hiring decisions at WELL are based on strategic business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. All candidates are considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexuality, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other protected status.
We’re dedicated to creating an inclusive, equitable, and diverse workplace, where everyone feels safe to be themselves and diversity is a strength. WELL is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment; WELL will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.