Company: The mission of Well (https://www.well.co/) is to transform healthcare through our unique impact to our members' health and happiness. We do this through our differentiated consumer experience and world-class data and analytics engine that drive engagement and behavior change. Our product -- a consumer health engagement platform -- integrates concierge services, behavioral health, telemedicine, care management and wellness services to drive sustained engagement, lower costs and improve the health of members. In addition to our product, we know our team makes us unique. We’re a highly diverse and engaged organization whose employees are passionate about the mission of the company and whose management is passionate about the employees.
Position Title: Senior Android Engineer
Upon joining our team, you’ll help lead the development of a world-class, highly scalable Android application for our engagement and behavior change platform. You’ll get to work with product managers, graphic designers and software engineers to take features through the software development lifecycle and put them into the hands of thousands of users. This includes collaborating with backend and DevOps engineers to deliver solutions that are holistically efficient, secure, monitored, and maintainable. Ownership, self-motivation, teamwork, and experience working in a fast-paced agile environment are highly desired.
- Consistently deliver new user interface functionality aligned with design and product requirements in a rapid, high-quality manner
- Guide and lead the curation of our Kotlin-based Android native mobile application codebase, ensuring quality craftsmanship and well structured architecture as our application grows both in user base and features
- Take ownership of key user interface components and functionality, promoting best practices and architectures to improve the quality and maintainability of Well’s Android application
- Work with the design team to evaluate designs, reduce complexity, and decrease time to market for user interface enhancements and features
- Help us achieve operational excellence in the software development lifecycle by participating in code reviews, quality assurance, and production monitoring duties
- Contribute to a modern Android codebase utilizing technologies such as Kotlin, RxJava, CoRoutines, Figma, Zeplin, etc
- Operate with a start-up like mentality and desire to take ownership and innovate at pace
- Strive to meet committed timelines to enable the company’s go-to-market strategy
- Take personal responsibility for keeping all Well systems and data, including sensitive member data, secure and safe, according to Well data and security policies and HIPAA guidelines
- Eligible to work in the U.S.
- 5+ years of Android Software Development experience
- Experience in the build out and support of a modern mobile application at scale
- Experience in Kotlin and its best practices
- Experience shaping and evolving production-grade codebases in mobile development
- Experience with using open source libraries to expedite delivery of an application
- Experience consuming a variety of APIs and interactions with backend processes
- Proven experience in rapid mobile development at scale while preserving an innovative mindset
- Experience working with teams utilizing modern infrastructure, cloud, and information security systems and techniques
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Experience mentoring and guiding more junior members of the team
- Ability to navigate a start-up atmosphere
- Build distribution experience with tools such as Bitrise, TestFlight, Firebase, etc.
- Thorough knowledge of the Android ecosystem’s best practices
Bachelor’s degree in engineering, science or equivalent work experience
Well is an Equal Opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. We seek diversity and encourage individuals from underrepresented groups to apply.