Position Title: Quality Analyst
Company: Well-funded stealth company focused on disrupting healthcare through a differentiated consumer experience and a world-class data & analytics engine to drive engagement and behavior change. The product will sell directly to both Fortune 500 CEOs and full risk populations, integrating layers of analytics, digital, concierge services, behavioral health, telemedicine, care management and wellness services to drive sustained engagement, lower costs and improve health. A key differentiator to drive the company’s success will be a highly diverse, engaged organization whose employees are passionate about the mission of the company and whose management is passionate about the employees.
Reporting To: IT Delivery Management
As a member of the Information Technology Delivery Management team, the mission for this position will be to serve as a primary contributor to User Interface (UI) quality assurance and analyst activities. Accountable for developing, documenting, and executing test processes and procedures. This position will be located alongside the technical development team and work closely with Business Analysts and Product Managers.
This position will also be the primary point of contact to effectively and professionally communicate Well’s technology responses to the membership base, serving as a virtual service representative for the technology team.
This position is a unique opportunity for a candidate to work in a startup environment and utilize the latest technologies software engineering has to offer. This individual will work with multiple facets of the company to obtain an intimate understanding of end user requirements and their business cases within the organization.
- Responsible for testing deployments in appropriate environments and obtaining necessary approvals
- Test software services. These services include internal and external platform front end, application programming interfaces (APIs), and cloud enhancements
- Multi-scale test activities from acute scenarios to full regression
- Responsible for taking product enhancement requests and user stories, reviewing their requirements, and turning them into relevant test cases
- Formulate test strategy, planning, creation and management
- Derive negative and alternative test case scenarios
- Technical acumen to understand development environments, modeling, scripts and test automation tooling
- Participate in daily standups and weekly iteration meetings, communicating the latest status and any roadblocks to accomplishing the current testing tasks
- Point of contact (internal) for member impacted technical issues related to the product application
- Quickly understand active product issues; tracking through (and communicating on) active issues from identification to resolution
Qualifications and Key Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years experience in software QA/Testing
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are an absolute requirement, including:
- Ability to effectively and crisply describe testing cycles and results
- Communicating across teams both in-person and remote
- Ability to work with departments outside of IT, i.e., Product and Business end-users
- Ability to professionally communicate with the company’s member base
- Self-starter, organized and motivated to deliver
- Healthcare experience preferred
- Bring forward best testing practices in Agile, tooling, etc.
- Experience testing end to end
- Ability to work in a startup environment, including operating in a fast-paced and dynamic organization in which timelines and requirements may change rapidly.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.