Position Title: Nurse Advocate
Company: Well-funded stealth company focused on disrupting healthcare through a differentiated consumer experience and a world-class data & analytics engine to drive engagement and behavior change. The product will sell directly to both Fortune 500 CEOs and full risk populations, integrating layers of analytics, digital, concierge services, behavioral health, telemedicine, care management and wellness services to drive sustained engagement, lower costs and improve health. A key differentiator to drive the company’s success will be a highly diverse, engaged organization whose employees are passionate about the mission of the company and whose management is passionate about the employees.
Reporting to: Sr. Manager of Member Services
Hiring for shifts between the hours of 6am - 11pm
- We are in search of a nurse who finds excitement in working with a diverse team to help consumers improve their health and wellbeing.
- In this role you will develop trusting, often long-term, relationships with consumers via telephone, chat, and email to assist them in navigating the complexities of the healthcare system. We intend for you to be the primary contact for a specific group of consumers (a “pod”), regardless of the reason they reach out.
- As part of a diverse team, you will be an important collaborator and influencer with other clinicians and non-clinicians.
- You will be successful in this role if you have a passion for consumer-first health experiences, empathy and respect for diverse colleagues and consumers.
Position Summary: Your overall goal will be to engage consumers in differentiated ways that will drive better health outcomes. You will be part of a team who provides a consumer-centric and seamless experience when consumers interact with you via telephone or digital channels, such as chat. You will deliver a personalized experience and the highest level of service, building relationships with consumers that enable behavior change through targeted health engagement. Growth opportunity for Nurse Advocates will exist in the Nurse Advisor and Nurse Manager roles.
- Interface with consumers, based on their preference (phone, chat, email), to create a dialogue around health care and wellness that is personalized to the individual consumer.
- Form longitudinal relationships with the consumer pod you are appointed to. We envision creating our pods by matching our nurses and consumer advocates with our consumers based on psychographic segmentation.
- Support consumers in coordinating care and removing barriers to ultimately improve health outcomes.
- Assist consumers, together with the Behavioral Health Specialist, in managing behavioral health conditions.
- Address social determinants of health by helping connect consumers to the resources they need to promote improved health and well-being.
- Proactively connect with consumers to follow up on previous health related recommendations or in response to new health information received about the consumer.
- Coach consumers through wellness journeys that are customized to the consumer’s requests.
- Communicate and support innovative behavioral change programs through phone and digital means.
- Navigate consumers through complex situations to provide an excellent experience.
- Maintain strict confidentiality according to HIPAA guidelines and company policies.
- Accurately update and document information, based on communications with the consumer.
- You are able to form and maintain highly empathic, trusting relationships with our customers.
- You are passionate about health and wellness and about helping others proactively manage their health and wellness journeys.
- You can make autonomous decisions but also judge well when something may need to be escalated or discussed in collaboration with a team to arrive at the best decision.
- You are eager to work in a fast-paced startup environment and are adaptive to change.
- You have the ability to remain composed and understanding even during tense or hectic situations.
- You are agile when working with multiple computer applications simultaneously.
- You will not stop until you find the best answer or find someone who can get to the answer.
- You are a strong believer in follow-through and not cutting any corners, while still being efficient and effective in your work.
Qualifications and Key Requirements
- Superior interpersonal communication skills with the ability to adjust your communication style based on the person with whom you are speaking, recognizing that we work with a diverse group of individuals.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Strong assessment skills using sound clinical judgment.
- Ability to work well with others in a team setting.
- Strong working knowledge of computers in order to effectively operate within company systems and programs.
- Proficiency with programs such as Google’s G-Suite.
- Hiring for 8 hour shifts, off-hours with a weekend rotation.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing.
- Active, unrestricted North Carolina RN license and ability to obtain additional state licenses as needed.
- Preferred but not required, 3+ years experience caring for patients in an acute care, primary care, or third party reimbursement setting.
- Preferred but not required, previous experience in the following areas: healthcare contact/support center, health and wellness coaching, or care coordination.
- Preferred, but not required, bilingual (English/Spanish).
- This role is located in our exciting new space on Franklin Street (Chapel Hill, NC).
Additional Job Information
Well is on a mission to redefine the healthcare experience. This is an opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. We welcome team members who are passionate about that mission. We embrace diversity and are committed to building an inclusive team.