Position Title: Well Behavioral Health Specialist
Hiring for day position.
Company: Well-funded stealth company focused on disrupting healthcare through a differentiated consumer experience and a world-class data & analytics engine to drive engagement and behavior change. The product will sell directly to both Fortune 500 CEOs and full risk populations, integrating layers of analytics, digital, concierge services, behavioral health, telemedicine, care management and wellness services to drive sustained engagement, lower costs and improve health. A key differentiator to drive the company’s success will be a highly diverse, engaged organization whose employees are passionate about the mission of the company and whose management is passionate about the employees.
Reporting To: Director of Clinical Services
Start date: October 1st, 2019
One of the company’s highest priorities is to address the health and wellness needs of the whole person with a consumer-centric focus that provides a better health experience while lowering costs. You will be part of an organization that provides a consumer-centric and seamless experience when consumers interact with our internal nurse-consumer advocate teams via telephone or digital channels, such as chat. Your team will deliver personalized experiences and the highest level of service, building relationships with consumers that enable behavior change through targeted health engagement. We anticipate that your primary customer-facing role will be with our internal nurse-consumer advocate teams.
- Well is looking for a Behavioral Health Specialist with clinical experience in behavioral health and ease working in a fast-paced, startup like environment, to serve as an expert clinician in the areas of behavioral health, substance use, and benefits navigation.
- We are in search of professional who finds excitement in working with a diverse team to help consumers improve their health and wellbeing.
- In this role, you will develop trusting relationships with internal nurse-consumer advocate teams directly or via telephone, chat, and email, and you will assist them in helping consumers navigate the complexities of behavioral healthcare, substance use, and employee assistance programs.
- As part of a diverse team, you will be an important collaborator and influencer with other clinicians and non-clinicians.
- You will be successful in this role if you have empathy, a passion for consumer-first health experiences, and respect for diverse colleagues and consumers.
- You will collaborate with the Behavioral Health Director to assist the Director in developing clinical pathways in primary prevention (e.g., gratitude, mindfulness, etc.), secondary prevention (e.g., stress, persistent sadness, mild anxiety), and common behavioral health conditions, including substance use; and help vet partners and tools to support our offering.
- Interface primarily with internal nurse-consumer advocate teams through phone, email, chat to develop a plan, support existing plans, and help locate services or benefits around behavioral healthcare and substance use. There may also be instances in which you directly interact with consumers, based on their preference (phone, chat, email), to create a dialogue around behavioral healthcare and wellness that is specific to the individual consumer.
- Address social determinants of health by connecting consumers to the resources they need to promote improved health and well-being.
- Support nurse-consumer advocate teams in coordinating care and removing barriers to behavioral healthcare and substance use to ultimately improve health outcomes.
- Proactively reach out to nurse-consumer advocate teams to follow up on previous behavioral health related recommendations or in response to new health information received about the consumer.
- Navigate employee assistance plans to find appropriate consumer information for any given circumstance.
- Navigate complex behavioral health and substance use situations to provide nurse-consumer advocate teams the information needed to enable the consumer to have an excellent experience.
- Review consumer use cases and construct potential cases related to behavioral health and substance use; and create evidenced-based workflows, navigation pathways, guidelines, and references which will support the nurse-consumer advocate teams and behavioral health specialists in providing an exceptional customer experience.
- Maintain strict confidentiality according to HIPAA guidelines and company policies.
- Accurately update and document information.
- We do not anticipate any direct patient counseling in this role.
- You are able to form and maintain highly empathic, trusting relationships with internal and external customers.
- You are passionate about health and wellness and about helping others proactively manage their health and wellness journeys, even when not directly consumer facing.
- You have the ability to make autonomous decisions, but also judge well when something may need to be escalated or discussed in collaboration with a team to arrive at the best decision.
- You are eager to work in a fast-paced startup environment and are adaptive to change.
- You have the ability to remain composed and understanding even during tense or hectic situations.
- You are agile when working with multiple computer applications simultaneously.
- You will not stop until you find the best answer or find someone who can get to the answer.
- You are a strong believer in follow-through and not cutting any corners, while still being efficient and effective in your work.
Qualifications and Key Requirements
- Drive and obsession for a world class consumer experience with credibility from a consumer first service perspective.
- First rate clinical assessment skills and strong clinical judgement in behavioral health and substance use arena.
- Positive and open-minded attitude; willingness to accept challenges and approach problem solving in creative ways.
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work well with others in a team setting.
- Strong working knowledge of computers in order to effectively operate within company systems and programs.
- Proficiency with programs such as Google’s G-Suite.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree (master’s degree preferred) in behavioral health, nursing or social work within a behavioral health setting or behavioral health counseling; experience with crisis intervention.
- Active licensure in NC if applicable.
- 3-5+ years experience working in behavioral health.
- Preferred but not required, experience in health and wellness coaching, holistic health care, care coordination, or public/private third party reimbursement. Management / supervisory experience welcomed.
- This role is located in our exciting new space on Franklin Street (Chapel Hill, NC).
Additional Job Information
Well is on a mission to redefine the healthcare experience. This is an opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. We welcome team members who are passionate about that mission. We embrace diversity and are committed to building an inclusive team.