Position Title: Well Behavioral Health Specialist
Hiring for 8 hour shifts, with a weekend rotation
Company: Well-funded stealth company focused on disrupting healthcare through a differentiated consumer experience and a world-class data & analytics engine to drive engagement and behavior change. The product will sell directly to both Fortune 500 CEOs and full risk populations, integrating layers of analytics, digital, concierge services, behavioral health, telemedicine, care management and wellness services to drive sustained engagement, lower costs and improve health. A key differentiator to drive the company’s success will be a highly diverse, engaged organization whose employees are passionate about the mission of the company and whose management is passionate about the employees.
Reporting To: Director of Clinical Services
Start date: October 7, 2019
The company’s highest priority is to address the holistic needs of our Members through a consumer-centric focus. A consumer-centric perspective allows us to provide an improved health and wellness experience while lowering members’ insurance costs. You will be part of an organization that provides a seamless experience when members interact with our Health Guides via telephone or digital channels, such as chat. Our team delivers personalized experiences at the highest level, building relationships with consumers that enable behavior change through targeted health engagement. Our intent is to provide concierge services to all members during all interactions, via phone, email or chat. Day to day, this role interfaces with our internal Well Guide teams and includes helping with training and implementing behavioral health management strategies.
- Collaborate with specialists from various departments (pharmacy, nursing, benefits) and interface with internal Well Guide teams to develop a plan, support existing plans, and help locate services or benefits around behavioral healthcare and substance use. There may also be instances in which you directly interact with consumers, based on their preference (phone, chat, email), to create a dialogue around behavioral healthcare and wellness that is specific to the individual consumer.
- Address social determinants of health by connecting consumers to the resources they need to promote improved health and well-being.
- Support Well Guide teams in coordinating care and removing barriers to behavioral healthcare and substance use to ultimately improve health outcomes.
- Proactively reach out to Well Guide teams to follow up on previous behavioral health related recommendations or in response to new health information received about the consumer.
- Navigate employee assistance plans to find appropriate consumer information for any given circumstance.
- Navigate complex behavioral health and substance use situations to provide Well Guide teams the information needed to enable the consumer to have an excellent experience.
- Facilitate coordination of care by empowering members to remove barriers to healthcare by focusing on positive healthy outcomes
- Collaborate with the Benefits Team to navigate EAPs for the appropriate healthcare coverage
- Create evidence-based workflows, review member cases for barriers or obstacles to positive outcomes, conduct quality assurance reviews, role play and educate Well Guides on behavioral health issues and approaches; present members case(s) for review during clinical rounds.
- Maintain strict confidentiality according to HIPAA guidelines and company policies
- Collaborate with the Behavioral Health Director to assist the Director in developing clinical pathways in primary prevention (e.g., gratitude, mindfulness, etc.), secondary prevention (e.g., stress, persistent sadness, mild anxiety), and common behavioral health conditions, including substance use; and help vet partners and tools to support our offering.We do not anticipate any direct patient counseling in this role.
- Internal drive and passion for creating a world class member experience by implementing a member-first perspective
- Positive and open-minded attitude; willingness to accept challenges and approach problems using a collaborative and team-centered approach
- Strong clinical judgment in behavioral health and substance use arena
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize and multitask
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work well with others in a team setting
- Strong working knowledge of computers in order to effectively operate within company systems and programs
- Proficiency with programs such as Google’s G-Suite
Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in behavioral health, psychology, counseling, social work or related field
- 5+ years of professional experience in a behavioral health outpatient setting, including exposure to substance abuse
- Integrated behavioral health systems and/or acute psychiatric experience a plus
- Experience in researching and implementing evidence-based practices
- Preferred experience in health and wellness coaching, holistic health care, care coordination, or public/private third party reimbursement
- Active licensure in NC, if applicable
- This role is located in our exciting new space on Franklin Street (Chapel Hill, NC).
Additional Job Information
Well is on a mission to redefine the healthcare experience. This is an opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. We welcome team members who are passionate about that mission. We embrace diversity and are committed to building an inclusive team.