Company: Well-funded stealth company focused on disrupting healthcare through a differentiated consumer experience and a world-class data & analytics engine to drive engagement and behavior change. The product will sell directly to both Fortune 500 CEOs and full risk populations, integrating layers of analytics, digital, concierge services, behavioral health, telemedicine, care management and wellness services to drive sustained engagement, lower costs and improve health.
Reporting To: Chief Medical Officer
- One of the company’s highest priorities is to address the health and wellness needs of the whole person with a consumer-centric focus that provides a better health experience while lowering costs. The Behavioral Health Director will provide evidence-based clinical leadership that enables improved behavioral health outcomes by setting strategy; developing clinical pathways in primary prevention, secondary prevention, and common behavioral health conditions, including substance use. Additionally, this role will help vet partners and tools to support our offering.
- Well is looking for a Behavioral Health Director with clinical and leadership experience, along with comfort working in a fast-paced, startup like environment, to serve as an expert and the lead clinician overseeing the behavioral health and substance use elements of our offering.
- In this role, you will set strategy; develop clinical pathways in primary prevention (gratitude, mindfulness, etc.), secondary prevention (e.g., stress, persistent sadness, mild anxiety), and common behavioral health conditions, including substance use; and help vet partners and tools to support our offering.
- You will be expected to collaborate with current team members – including physician and non-physician health and wellness experts, industry-leading executives within back end technology infrastructure, predictive data analytics, loyalty and user engagement, design and user experience, service operations, digital product and healthcare operations - to deliver on the consumer journey needs across the cross-channel offering.
- You will serve as a resource and thought partner for the Behavioral Health Specialist that supports consumers through our Contact Center
- To be successful in this role you must have a passion for consumer-first health experiences. You must be an exceptional leader with a forward-thinking strategic mindset and creative capability unmatched by peers, coupled with direct clinical practice experience in behavioral healthcare and substance use, including health technology and benefits navigation.
- Be accountable for the behavioral health aspect of our strategy
- Provide behavioral health and substance use related behavior change and healthcare expertise to product team, analytics team, and contact center
- Define, instrument, measure, and communicate key metrics for health promotion and cost containment
- Stay on top of all relevant behavioral healthcare trends; incorporate into strategy and consumer journey roadmap
- Drive and obsession for a world class consumer experience with credibility from a consumer first service perspective
- First rate clinical skills in behavioral health and substance use arena
- Positive and open-minded attitude; willingness to accept challenges and approach problem solving in creative ways
- Ability to navigate a start-up atmosphere, including leadership and prioritized decision making with imperfect information
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Detail oriented, management of risk and deliverable timelines
- Start-up like mentality and desire to innovate at pace; ability to optimize processes using continuous iteration and testing
- Highly creative and entrepreneurial mindset
- Proven success working collaboratively in a matrixed organization
- Clear and compelling verbal and written communication skills, including formal presentations for all levels of management
- Demonstrated collaborative style, with the ability to influence diverse teams and build strong relationships across various internal stakeholders and constituents
Qualifications and Key Requirements
- Minimum of 7 years clinical experience and 5 years leadership experience in behavioral health
- Deep understanding of prevention, early intervention and later clinical pathways in behavioral health
- Command of established and emerging clinical and cost outcome metrics and ability to communicate results in relation to those measures
- PsyD or MSW preferred; relevant licensure
- This role is intended to be located in the Boston, MA area. Alternate location to be considered is Chapel Hill, NC.
Additional Job Information
Well is on a mission to redefine the healthcare experience. This is an opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare.