As a Welkin AE, you are an empathetic, human being who loves to learn. You use your creative problem solving ability to help customers embrace our product as quickly and easily as possible. As a team, we exhibit humility and compassion when speaking to customers and team members alike. We practice giving and receiving feedback respectfully, especially when it is critique we believe will help someone improve. At the end of the day, you take full responsibility, holding your own bar higher than anyone else could for you.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Foster relationships with potential Welkin customers from the SDR/Marketing handoff through fully executed agreement
- Manage frequent and clear communication with potential customers, defaulting to in-person and live conversations as often as possible
- Keep up-to-date records of conversations, documents, and other customer-related materials in our internal cloud databases and CRM system
- Communicate your knowledge of our software and the positive effect it will have on a potential customer’s business through live product demonstrations
- Gather requirements of potential customers to help them de-risk the decision to try Welkin for themselves while keeping other Welkin teams informed of what we may need to deliver
- Review contracts, being or becoming familiar with both legal and business terms for all of our agreements and their exhibits
- Negotiate terms, legal and business, understanding possible solution paths for each instance
- Proactively and reactively collaborate with other Welkin teams (Marketing, Customer Success, Product, Engineering, People Ops, Business Ops), over-communicating to ensure each person has what they need to be successful
- Travel to meet with prospective customers, potentially up to 50% of a given business month
What you'll work on in your first 3-6 months:
- Establish healthy, respectful, and productive relationships with your internal teammates
- Study our product’s capabilities and how those map to each current customer’s unique use case
- Observe and practice every stage of the sales process
- Actively participate in Welkin’s culture of giving and receiving feedback
- Demonstrate an eagerness to learn and take on new responsibilities
- Build your expertise in health care and software
- Own pipeline and meet quota
Here’s what you need to be successful:
- Excellent written communication skills, including correct syntax and grammar
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills, including the ability to read people and modify behavior after doing so
- Desire to work with teammates live and face-to-face by default and as often as possible
- Ability to be entertaining, charismatic, and charming as well as informative
- Can build relationships with people of different personality types, backgrounds, etc. getting them to like, believe, trust, and feel comfortable around you
- Passion for learning, growing, and acquiring new knowledge and skills, especially related to sales, without the need for guidance or direction
- Willingness to be responsible for tasks and projects outside of this job description if they will benefit a teammate or the company as a whole
- High degree of emotional intelligence, including empathy, compassion, and self-awareness
- Sense of urgency and hustle, especially when it comes to solving problems for potential customers
- 100% responsibility of the sales process and all relationships for a given opportunity
- Previous experience selling SaaS to enterprise companies preferred
- Previous experience with health care preferred
- Previous experience working at a relatively new, high-growth company (i.e. fewer than 50 people, less than five years old) preferred
Welkin is patient management software, which guides your team to better care. We configure your patient program into workflows that tell health workers when to do what, ensuring patients get care exactly when they need it.
Designed specifically for relationships between health care professionals and patients, our software makes engagement seamless and patient-centered, enabling health workers to build strong relationships for long-term healthy outcomes.
Our mission is to empower health organizations to deliver patient-centered care.
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage.
- Option to contribute to your retirement via a 401k.
- Take the time off that you need to relax and have fun with Welkin’s flexible PTO policy. Employee’s tend to take anywhere from 2 weeks to 5 weeks of vacation, with an average of 3-4 weeks.
- Taking a dance class? Have a membership at Mission Cliffs? Great! Welkin Health will reimburse you $100 every month towards your personal wellness.
- Welkin Health will reimburse you $100 every month towards your commute. This includes BART, Muni, bike maintenance, etc.
- You can contribute pre-tax dollars to medical, dental, vision and dependent care expenses through FSA/DCFSA.
- Generous parental leave policy for all parents, no matter gender identity or birth manner.
- Catered breakfast once per week and catered lunch twice per week and a communal kitchen with generous snack options and cold brew and kombucha on tap.
We want you to know:
You can be a great candidate even if you don't fit everything we've described above. You can also have important skills we haven't thought of. If that's you, don't hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself.
We are committed to diversity and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences, and we're taking steps to meet that commitment. We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people, veterans, and people with disabilities.