Welkin is a patient management software, which guides your team to better care. We configure your patient program into workflows that tell health workers when to do what, ensuring patients get care exactly when they need it.
Designed specifically for relationships between healthcare professionals and patients, our software makes engagement seamless and patient-centered, enabling health workers to build strong relationships for long-term healthy outcomes.
Our mission is to empower health organizations to deliver patient-centered care.
About the role:
Welkin is looking for talented generalists to join our software team. We want teammates who will bring an ownership mentality to new projects along with the strong communication skills needed to keep the rest of the team in the loop about their progress and learnings. Our team dynamic is collaborative, supportive, and fun.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Collaborating with the rest of the team on technical architecture and long-term planning
- Building features for our coach portal in Angular and Python
- Empowering our customers to configure more and more of their care protocols from their administrative dashboards
- Helping us turn Welkin into the chronic disease management experimentation platform of the future
What you'll work on in your first 3-6 months:
- Onboard one or more new Welkin customers onto our platform. This is a complex process and an important step in understanding all of the product’s capabilities and configuration parameters.
- Begin developing new features for Workshop, our new administer-facing configuration tool, as well as for our core web portal for healthcare workers.
- Design and implement data pipelines to integrate existing customer patient data sources into Welkin
- Drive product quality by contributing to testing infrastructure and providing good test coverage for everything you work on
Here’s what you need to be successful:
- 5+ years of professional software development experience (different positions are available for applicants at either end of the range)
- Experience in at least one of Python, Angular
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity, a positive attitude, and an interest in participating in product design
- A passion for working on software with a social mission
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage.
- Option to contribute to your retirement via a 401k.
- Take the time off that you need to relax and have fun with Welkin’s flexible PTO policy. Employee’s tend to take anywhere from 2 weeks to 5 weeks of vacation, with an average of 3-4 weeks.
- Taking a dance class? Have a membership at Mission Cliffs? Great! Welkin Health will reimburse you $100 every month towards your personal wellness.
- Welkin Health will reimburse you $100 every month towards your commute. This includes BART, Muni, bike maintenance, etc.
- You can contribute pre-tax dollars to medical, dental, vision and dependent care expenses through FSA/DCFSA.
- Generous parental leave policy for all parents, no matter gender identity or birth manner.
- Catered breakfast once per week and catered lunch twice per week and a communal kitchen with generous snack options and cold brew and kombucha on tap.
We want you to know:
You can be a great candidate even if you don't fit everything we've described above. You can also have important skills we haven't thought of. If that's you, don't hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself.
We are committed to diversity and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences, and we're taking steps to meet that commitment. We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people, veterans, and people with disabilities.