Welkin Health is looking for a Program Manager to join our team and be responsible for guiding and managing Welkin’s co-development efforts with strategic customers toward continued success and expansion on our platform.
Program Managers are focused on enabling and empowering Professional Services Engineering team to deliver the Welkin Platform to our customers at scale. You will partner closely with our Customer Success team to develop deep customer relationships on strategic accounts. You will be the main point of contact for all technical questions for these customers and represent their needs back to product management, engineering, and design. The ideal candidate for this role will have significant experience in developing partnership strategies, delivering on-time project execution, managing software release planning activities, and nurturing external relationships. This fast-paced team is the perfect place to build and shape Welkin’s partner integration strategy, with a focus on enabling customer success. Our ideal candidate has a positive attitude, is highly collaborative and used to working in a flexible environment.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Project manage the Customer program milestones and associated work streams for strategic customers including scoping, requirements, working with engineering on technical feasibility and design, and project planning for execution through to launch.
- Work closely with the Account Management team to serve as the technical liaison between external Customers and internal cross-functional teams, fostering ongoing relationships with various business and technical stakeholders
- Work closely with key functional leads across the organization (Product, Engineering, Product Marketing, etc.) to ensure on-time delivery of Customer commitments
- Facilitate release planning and release execution on a monthly/quarterly basis
- Leverage technical & program management skills to build comprehensive plans, identify risks, facilitate cross-functional coordination and inter-/intra-team communications to deliver outstanding program outcomes.
- Actively help cross-functional teams estimate and decompose complex projects into manageable parts with delivery plans. Track progress against those plans and facilitate trade-off discussions on scope, schedule, or resources.
- Work with Product Management and Support as necessary when a scoped implementation or product feature cannot be implemented or does not meet the customer’s needs.
- Manage project schedules, identify possible issues, and clearly communicate them to project stakeholders.
What you'll work on in your first 3-6 months:
- Becoming an expert on Welkin’s Product capabilities & Developer API and the specific way that our customers use these capabilities to achieve their business goals
- Shadowing the Product and Implementations teams to learn about how new customers onboard, build, launch and iterate their program on our platform
- Work with our Customer Success Managers to define & execute on customer specific work to support their growth and utilization on the platform
- Partnering with the Professional Services Engineering team to deliver high quality updates to their programs
- Work closely with Product Management to knowledge share and influence future product investments
Here’s what you need to be successful:
- Must have 4+ years of program management, client/customer-facing interaction, and/or project management experience, preferably for a company responsible for managing enterprise-level programs with cross-functional teams.
- Comfortable talking about technical matters with business people and business matters with technical people. Able to express complex concepts (written and verbal) in plain language to reach broader audiences.
- Detail-oriented with a passion for delivering insights and driving results
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams both internally and externally to manage and implement complex development projects & partnerships
- Customer empathy and excitement for cultivating partnerships and client relationships
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models & experience with agile methodologies particularly agile development
- Experience with program/portfolio management toolsets (JIRA/Portfolio/Confluence)
- Ability to prioritize customer requests and make tradeoffs with available engineering resources
- Prior work experience in the healthcare industry is a bonus