About the role:
Welkin Health is looking for an Implementations Lead to grow a team that will work closely with Sales, Product, and Engineering in support of the entire customer journey from Discovery through Launch. The Implementations Lead will manage a combined team of Solutions Architects and Program Designers, and will also function as a Solutions Architect while the team is still growing. Both of these Implementations roles include both pre-sales and post-sales responsibilities, although in the short term, the Lead role will lean more towards post-sales.
The management team at Welkin Health is committed to:
- Sharing information whenever possible
- Caring personally about our teammates
- Empowering our teams
- Giving and requesting feedback often
- Leading from humility
As our sales velocity continues to accelerate, we are excited to bring an experienced leader on board to help us design processes leading to customer experiences that are both delightful and scalable.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Work with the Implementations team to design and iterate on scalable pre-contracting and post-contracting processes for:
- Creating compelling, tailored narratives and demos for prospective customers
- Creating proposals at the correct level of detail for prospective customers entering contracting
- Gathering feedback received during conversations with prospective customers
- Becoming subject-matter experts on specific customers’ businesses and use cases as they move through contracting
- Acting as post-contracting project manager between the customer’s project team and Welkin’s Product and Engineering teams in creating software specifications for customers’ Welkin configurations
- While the team is still growing, act as a Solutions Architect by executing on the above responsibilities in the context of certain specific prospects/customers.
- Positively contribute to the professional and personal growth of your team by developing a strong understanding of their strengths, helping them improve on their areas of weakness, and providing clear, concise, and frequent feedback.
- Help the Implementations org grow by playing a key role in hiring and recruiting new talent.
What you'll work on in your first 3-6 months:
- Build domain knowledge and credibility by spending the first 1-2 months doing primarily IC work supporting both pre-sales processes and new customer implementations.
- Ramp up on the new processes that Welkin has designed over the past few months for handling implementations and begin creating organizational consensus around both tactical improvements and longer-term strategic initiatives.
- Build effective, collaborative working relationships with your new reports and peers.
- Contribute to organizational hiring and design. At some point in the next year, the Implementations team will likely split into pre-sales and post-sales functions, and Welkin will be hiring ICs for both the current combined team and each of those future sub-teams. You will shepherd the planning and execution of this planned re-organization and you will be leading the relevant hiring processes.
Here’s what you need to be successful:
- A passion for supporting Welkin Health’s social mission to empower health organizations to deliver patient-centered care.
- 3+ years experience as Solutions Architect, Sales Engineer, Implementations Specialist, or other similar role at the intersection of software configuration design and customer relationship management.
- 2+ years experience managing an Implementations-related team at a SaaS company selling to enterprise customers.
- Preference given for past health care industry experience.
- Great project management skills, clear communication (both verbal and written), and ability to successfully manage large cross-functional projects against tight deadlines.
- Software product knowledge needed to run use case discovery with customers, propose product-level solutions to customer challenges, and work internally with Product on Welkin’s roadmap.
- Sufficient technical knowledge to discuss integration strategies with prospective customers and explain implementation tradeoffs.
- Excellent customer-facing communication skills; ability to project confidence and competence to build Welkin’s credibility.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and distill complex and ambiguous scenarios into actionable elements.
- Compassionate, curious problem solver with attention to detail and a passion for customer satisfaction.
Welkin is patient management software, which guides your team to better care. We configure your patient program into workflows that tell health workers when to do what, ensuring patients get care exactly when they need it.
Designed specifically for relationships between health care professionals and patients, our software makes engagement seamless and patient-centered, enabling health workers to build strong relationships for long-term healthy outcomes.
Our mission is to empower health organizations to deliver patient-centered care.
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage.
- Option to contribute to your retirement via a 401k.
- Take the time off that you need to relax and have fun with Welkin’s flexible PTO policy. Employee’s tend to take anywhere from 2 weeks to 5 weeks of vacation, with an average of 3-4 weeks.
- Taking a dance class? Have a membership at Mission Cliffs? Great! Welkin Health will reimburse you $100 every month towards your personal wellness.
- Welkin Health will reimburse you $100 every month towards your commute. This includes BART, Muni, bike maintenance, etc.
- You can contribute pre-tax dollars to medical, dental, vision and dependent care expenses through FSA/DCFSA.
- Generous parental leave policy for all parents, no matter gender identity or birth manner.
- Catered breakfast once per week and catered lunch twice per week and a communal kitchen with generous snack options and cold brew and kombucha on tap.
We want you to know:
You can be a great candidate even if you don't fit everything we've described above. You can also have important skills we haven't thought of. If that's you, don't hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself.
We are committed to diversity and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences, and we're taking steps to meet that commitment. We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people, veterans, and people with disabilities.