At WelbeHealth, we make the impossible, possible for underserved seniors. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge healthcare and well-being service products especially for seniors and their families. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative healthcare, insurance, social support and more to seniors. We create senior well-being through our courage to love, pioneering spirit and shared intention. These values permeate everything we do. At WelbeHealth, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of healthcare and well-being experiences and create the never-before-seen!
The WelbeHealth Senior Accountant will oversee general accounting operations by controlling and verifying all financial transactions. The Senior Accountant is responsible for maintaining general ledgers, preparing month-end close procedures, and supporting interim and year-end financial audits. The Senior Accountant collaborates effectively with colleagues and stakeholders to promote the WelbeHealth values, team culture and mission.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage/support the month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close processes.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare journal entries in accordance with
- Perform month-end general ledger account reconciliations; investigate and resolve
- Prepare/review reconciliations for bank accounts, receivables, prepaid expenses, fixed
assets, right-of-use assets, and lease liabilities (under ASC842 lease accounting), medical
claims liabilities, IBNR, and other accrual accounts, debts, and equities.
- Draft quarterly financial reports and debt covenants to be submitted to regulators,
investors, and banks.
- Assist with interim and year-end financial audits.
- Assist with drafting/updating corporate Accounting Manual and desk procedures;
Research and implement technical accounting guidance and initiatives to improve
accounting and financial reporting controls and processes.
- Complete all required documentation in a timely and accurate manner.
- Protect privacy and maintain confidentiality of all company procedures and information
about team members, participants, and families.
- Follow WelbeHealth policies and procedures and participate in any required Quality
Improvement activities, staff training and meetings.
- Communicate regularly with Supervisor and team regarding workload and priorities.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Candidate must be located in Los Angeles/Long Beach, CA area.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Accounting, or relevant field.
- CPA preferred.
- Minimum of (3) years’ of general and/or public accounting experience.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Great work ethics and ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience and competency working with people from diverse backgrounds and
- Commitment to unlocking the full potential of our most vulnerable seniors.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
At WelbeHealth, our mission is to unlock the full potential of our vulnerable seniors. In this spirit, please note that we have a vaccination policy for all of our employees and proof of vaccination prior to employment is required.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At WelbeHealth, we embrace and cherish the diversity of our team members, and we're committed to building a culture of inclusion and belonging. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. People seeking employment at WelbeHealth are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), pregnancy or other status protected by applicable law.