At WelbeHealth, we make the impossible, possible for underserved seniors. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge healthcare and well-being service products especially for seniors and their families. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative healthcare, insurance, social support and more to seniors. We create senior well-being through our courage to love, pioneering spirit and shared intention. These values permeate everything we do. At WelbeHealth, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of healthcare and well-being experiences and create the never-before-seen!
The WelbeHealth Engagement Coordinator is responsible for developing, coordinating and supervising the WelbeHealth Engagement (Activities)Program. Working in close collaboration with the other interdisciplinary team (IDT) members, the Engagement Coordinator will develop individualized activity plans designed to meet the needs of WelbeHealth participants for social and therapeutic recreational activities. The Engagement Coordinator and Center Director work together to ensure smooth operation of the day center. Collaborates effectively with colleagues and stakeholders to promote the WelbeHealth values, team culture and mission.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct Engagement (Activities) assessments to determine the social and therapeutic needs, preferences and goals of the participants and actively participate in IDT meetings to develop participant care plans.
- Develop a comprehensive, innovative and appropriate Engagement Program including but not limited to individual and group activities as well as outings that meets the diverse needs of WelbeHealth participants.
- Implement and supervise all activities of the WelbeHealth Engagement Program, monitoring for enjoyment, appropriateness and safety.
- Develop and post a monthly calendar of the Engagement schedule of activities.
- Cultivate and maintain effective relationships with outside organizations such as adult education programs and other state, county or private resources that can offer. support to the WelbeHealth Engagement Program.
- Provide training and instructions to staff, participants and caregivers/families as appropriate.
- Manage department budget.
- Remain alert to pertinent input from other team members, participants, and caregivers and update the IDT promptly of any changes in participants’ condition or functional status.
- In coordination with the Intake Team, support enrollment of prospective participants into the program
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field preferred
- Activity Professional Certification required; an additional 3 years of relevant experience may be substituted
- Two years' experience in a social recreational or educational program within the past five years, one year of which was full-time in an activities program in a health care or mental health program setting, working with frail elderly
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement a stimulating and appropriate engagement program for seniors utilizing multiple therapeutic modalities
- Highly motivated, self-directed, able to execute tasks in a quickly changing environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations
- Excellent organizational and communication skills in settings with seniors, their families and interdisciplinary team members
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Experience and competency working with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Commitment to unlocking the full potential of our most vulnerable seniors
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
At WelbeHealth, our mission is to unlock the full potential of our vulnerable seniors. In this spirit, please note that we have a vaccination policy for all of our employees and proof of vaccination prior to employment is required.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At WelbeHealth, we embrace and cherish the diversity of our team members, and we're committed to building a culture of inclusion and belonging. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. People seeking employment at WelbeHealth are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), pregnancy or other status protected by applicable law.