At WelbeHealth, we make the impossible, possible for underserved seniors. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge healthcare and well-being service products especially for seniors and their families. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative healthcare, insurance, social support and more to seniors. We create senior well-being through our courage to love, pioneering spirit and shared intention. These values permeate everything we do. At WelbeHealth, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of healthcare and well-being experiences and create the never-before-seen!
Director of Communications
Los Angeles, CA
WelbeHealth seeks an experienced Communications Director to lead both external and internal communications. This individual will be responsible for managing our public relations strategy and new market launch communications as well as connecting our story to our mission and values for our customers (participants) and team. The Director of Communications will work collaboratively with WelbeHealth executives and public affairs leaders to tell our narrative with clarity, consistency, and charisma. This role requires a bold storyteller as well as a seasoned media expert who can translate science and facts into emotional storytelling, appealing to the hearts and minds of our external and internal stakeholders while communicating the value of the WelbeHealth brand. This role will be based in the Los Angeles area of California and will report to the Vice President of Marketing & Product. The Director of Communications member of the WelbeHealth leadership or management team and facilitates collaborative relationships across WelbeHealth and with external stakeholders to promote our values, team culture and mission.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Opportunities for advancement
Lead all aspects of our public relations strategy and capability
- Develop a media engagement strategy that enhances and protects our reputation, amplifies our voice in relevant topic areas, and engages our audiences by telling compelling stories.
- Prepare company executives for media interviews, including media training of senior executives, and identifying high-profile speaking forums for WelbeHealth spokespersons.
- Build and enhance relationships with top-tier media, evaluate and respond to media enquiries. Research and track media stories and trends in real-time.
- Support crisis communications efforts, proactively plan and manage issues affecting the company, our people and community.
- Collaboratively create and publish our first community impact report.
Oversee creation and distribution of compliant compelling and timely communications to our customers and employees:
- Work with compliance/regulatory to define compliant speaking points.
- Establish best practices for translation, production & distribution of communication materials.
- Align the external and internal communications around grand openings, support operations with team speaking points.
- Ensure clear communications through the participant enrollment and onboarding experience.
- Provide the tools operational leaders need to effectively communicate with their participants and team.
- Ensure thoughtful team understanding of compensation/benefits, career growth, equity & inclusion, and social impact.
Reinforce our brand:
- Align participant facing speaking points to external speaking points
- Partner with operations to communicate and enforce internal alignment with brand guidelines with participants interaction.
- Provide branded communication templates to Center ops (e.g., event fliers
- Manage direct reports including hiring, training, supervising, and mentoring.
- Complete all required documentation in a timely and accurate manner.
- Protect privacy and maintain confidentiality of all company procedures and info witj team members, participants, and families.
- Follow policies and procedures and participate in any required Quality Improvement activities, staff training and meetings.
- Communicate regularly with Supervisor and team regarding workload and priorities.
- Timely completion of all mandated trainings and education.
- Timely completion of all mandated occupational health screenings as needed.
- Exercises flexibility in performing assignments as business needs evolve.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 15 years of communications and public affairs, corporate communications, and/or media relations experience.
- Excellent storyteller with strong verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to flawlessly create, plan and execute on high-stakes programs under tight deadlines.
- Ability to listen and challenge respectfully and bring together diverse perspectives and priorities toward an aligned goal, and to lead via influence.
- Ability to lead, attract, develop and retain diverse talent to maintain high performance and engagement and to proactively develop organizational capabilities needed in the future.
- Results-oriented, analytical, have strong attention to detail, and always highly motivated to deliver excellent work product.
- Passionate professional with trusted relationships with high-profile media stakeholders, and a track record distilling complex information and research into simple consumer-friendly messaging.
Medical Clearance: Required that Team Members must have medical clearance for communicable diseases and up-to-date immunizations before having direct participant contact. Additional screening may be required as determined by the Medical Director and Human Resources Director to protect participants and the community from communicable disease outbreaks
Regulatory Requirement ongoing: Must not be on any exclusion or debarment from participation in Federal Health Care Programs at any time and must remain in good standing with government regulators such as the OIG, (Office of the Inspector General), SAM, (System for Award Management), CMS (Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services), etc.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. In compliance with ADA requirements, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
Work Environment: Team Member must be able to work effectively within an interdisciplinary team model, interfacing and collaborating with a wide range of clinical and social services disciplines who work together to manage the PACE participants' care. The work setting is in an Adult Day Health Center, primary care clinic, other healthcare settings like hospitals, emergency departments and participant home environment with moderate noise levels and controlled temperatures.
Physical Requirements - Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range. Must be able to communicate with all staff, vendors, and clients. Requires manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination; the ability to use department equipment. Requires lifting/carrying up to 65 lbs. and pushing or pulling 150 lbs. using appropriate body mechanics and equipment, with reasonable accommodation if needed.
Visual, Hearing and Communication Requirements - Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range, with or without reasonable accommodation. Ability to communicate by way of the telephone with participants, customers, vendors, and staff.
Pressure Factor - Requires working under stressful conditions. Working conditions may be noisy and crowded and fluctuating indoor temperatures. Moderate pressure to meet scheduled deadlines. Potential for exposure to verbal aggression by Participants and/or their family members who may suffer from comorbidities such as dementia or mental health challenges.
Environmental Conditions - May be exposed to a risk of bodily injury through contact with moving instrumentation, toxic substances, medicinal preparations, bodily fluids, communicable diseases and any other conditions common in a healthcare environment. May be subjected to unpleasant odors.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
At WelbeHealth, our mission is to unlock the full potential of our vulnerable seniors. In this spirit, please note that we have a vaccination policy for all of our employees and proof of vaccination prior to employment is required.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At WelbeHealth, we embrace and cherish the diversity of our team members, and we're committed to building a culture of inclusion and belonging. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. People seeking employment at WelbeHealth are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), pregnancy or other status protected by applicable law.