At WelbeHealth, we make the impossible, possible for underserved seniors. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge healthcare and well-being service products especially for seniors and their families. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative healthcare, insurance, social support and more to seniors. We create senior well-being through our courage to love, pioneering spirit and shared intention. These values permeate everything we do. At WelbeHealth, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of healthcare and well-being experiences and create the never-before-seen!
At WelbeHealth each participant of our program is guided by our Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) - composed of clinical and non-clinical members who work cohesively to provide quality patient-centered care. Our values and participant focus lead the way no matter what. The WelbeHealth Physical Therapy Assistant acts as an integral part of the Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) and provides direct care to our participants, allowing the opportunity to elevate their physical therapy experience.
WelbeHealth seeks an experienced Communications Director to lead both external and internal communications. This individual will be responsible for managing our public relations strategy and new market launch communications as well as connecting our story to our mission and values for our customers (participants) and team. The Director of Communications will work collaboratively with WelbeHealth executives and public affairs leaders to tell our narrative with clarity, consistency, and charisma. This role requires a bold storyteller as well as a seasoned media expert who can translate science and facts into emotional storytelling, appealing to the hearts and minds of our external and internal stakeholders while communicating the value of the WelbeHealth brand. This role will be based in the Los Angeles area of California and will report to the Vice President of Marketing & Product. The Director of Communications member of the WelbeHealth leadership or management team and facilitates collaborative relationships across WelbeHealth and with external stakeholders to promote our values, team culture and mission.
Lead all aspects of our public relations strategy and capability
- Develop a media engagement strategy that enhances and protects our reputation, amplifies our voice in relevant topic areas, and engages our audiences by telling compelling stories.
- Partner and collaborate with executive c-suite leaders to develop and implement executive communication strategies, and report regularly on communication progress
- Prepare company executives for media interviews, including media training of senior executives, and identifying high-profile speaking forums for WelbeHealth spokespersons.
- Build and enhance relationships with top-tier media, evaluate and respond to media enquiries. Research and track media stories and trends in real-time.
- Support crisis communications efforts, proactively plan and manage issues affecting the company, our people and community.
- Collaboratively create and publish our first community impact report.
Oversee creation and distribution of compliant compelling and timely communications to our customers and employees:
- Work with compliance/regulatory to define compliant speaking points.
- Establish best practices for translation, production & distribution of communication materials.
- Align the external and internal communications around grand openings, support operations with team speaking points.
- Ensure clear communications through the participant enrollment and onboarding experience.
- Provide the tools operational leaders need to effectively communicate with their participants and team.
- Ensure thoughtful team understanding of compensation/benefits, career growth, equity & inclusion, and social impact.
Reinforce our brand:
- Align participant facing speaking points to external speaking points
- Partner with operations to communicate and enforce internal alignment with brand guidelines with participants interaction.
- Provide branded communication templates to Center ops (e.g., event fliers
- Manage direct reports including hiring, training, supervising, and mentoring.
- Complete all required documentation in a timely and accurate manner.
- Protect privacy and maintain confidentiality of all company procedures and info witj team members, participants, and families.
- Follow policies and procedures and participate in any required Quality Improvement activities, staff training and meetings.
- Communicate regularly with Supervisor and team regarding workload and priorities.
- Timely completion of all mandated trainings and education.
- Timely completion of all mandated occupational health screenings as needed.
- Exercises flexibility in performing assignments as business needs evolve.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 15 years of communications and public affairs, corporate communications, and/or media relations experience.
- Excellent storyteller with strong verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to flawlessly create, plan and execute on high-stakes programs under tight deadlines.
- Ability to listen and challenge respectfully and bring together diverse perspectives and priorities toward an aligned goal, and to lead via influence.
- Ability to lead, attract, develop and retain diverse talent to maintain high performance and engagement and to proactively develop organizational capabilities needed in the future.
- Results-oriented, analytical, have strong attention to detail, and always highly motivated to deliver excellent work product.
- Passionate professional with trusted relationships with high-profile media stakeholders, and a track record distilling complex information and research into simple consumer-friendly messaging.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
At WelbeHealth, our mission is to unlock the full potential of our vulnerable seniors. In this spirit, please note that we have a vaccination policy for all of our employees and proof of vaccination prior to employment is required.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At WelbeHealth, we embrace and cherish the diversity of our team members, and we're committed to building a culture of inclusion and belonging. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. People seeking employment at WelbeHealth are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), pregnancy or other status protected by applicable law.