At WelbeHealth, we make the impossible, possible for underserved seniors. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge healthcare and well-being service products especially for seniors and their families. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative healthcare, insurance, social support and more to seniors. We create senior well-being through our courage to love, pioneering spirit and shared intention. These values permeate everything we do. At WelbeHealth, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of healthcare and well-being experiences and create the never-before-seen!
Under supervision of the Medical Director, the Physician provides assessment, planning, primary care, and continuous medical coverage to WelbeHealth participants in an interdisciplinary team environment and in accordance with WelbeHealth standards.
What you'll do:
- Provide primary care and acute illness evaluation and treatment for participants in collaboration with WelbeHealth Physicians and Community-Based WelbeHealth Physicians
- Perform in-person comprehensive assessments (initial, semi-annual and unscheduled) on participants and coordinate with the Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) to develop a comprehensive care plan for each participant
- Refer participants to medical specialists as indicated
- As an active member of IDT, work with Nurse Practitioners, Community-based WelbeHealth Physicians and other members of the IDT to ensure effective care coordination, communication of participant changes and collaboration of care planning decisions
- Participate in rotating night and weekend call
- Review outcomes and utilization data, including review of necessity of hospitalizations and use of specialists; establish best practices, and collaborate with clinical staff, WelbeHealth Physicians and IDT to make improvements that reduce unnecessary utilization and improve participant health
- Other duties as assigned
Why you’ll love working at WelbeHealth:
- You’ll have the opportunity to work alongside a team to create meaningful change and to provide care for patients in the way you feel is best
- With a small patient caseload, you’ll have ample time to focus on building relationships
- You’ll be joining a growing organization with a bold mission that gives you the opportunity to help shape our programs and processes as we grow
- Creative and enthusiastic commitment to the “triple aim” – dedication to improving experience, health, and value for PACE participants
- Ability to build strong working relationships with other providers and care team
- Current knowledge of chronic care/geriatric issues and best practices
- Active California physician license without restrictions
- Successful completion of a residency program accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education
- Master’s Degree/ Doctorate Degree and Board Certification
- State CDS Certification and DEA Registration
- Specialty in Geriatrics (preferred), Internal Medicine, or Family Practice
- Deep commitment to helping unlock the potential of our most vulnerable seniors
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
At WelbeHealth, our mission is to unlock the full potential of our vulnerable seniors. In this spirit, please note that we have a vaccination policy for all of our employees and proof of vaccination prior to employment is required.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At WelbeHealth, we embrace and cherish the diversity of our team members, and we're committed to building a culture of inclusion and belonging. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. People seeking employment at WelbeHealth are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), pregnancy or other status protected by applicable law.