At WelbeHealth, we make the impossible, possible for underserved seniors. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge healthcare and well-being service products especially for seniors and their families. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative healthcare, insurance, social support and more to seniors. We create senior well-being through our courage to love, pioneering spirit and shared intention. These values permeate everything we do. At WelbeHealth, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of healthcare and well-being experiences and create the never-before-seen!
Reporting to Medical Director, the Associate Medical Director is a management team member and a core leader within an interdisciplinary team providing highly coordinated care. There will be ample opportunity for increasing professional growth and responsibility over time. This role allows you to focus on engaging with and truly caring for participants, collaborate with a highly skilled interdisciplinary team, lead quality improvement initiatives, and leave behind the hassles and misaligned incentives of fee-for-service medicine. The Associate Medical Director is a member of the WelbeHealth leadership team and facilitates collaborative relationships across WelbeHealth.
What you'll do:
- Assuming responsibility for the medical care of WelbeHealth participants, managing to best practice clinical standards, treatment policies, and procedures.
- Recruiting, interviewing, training, collaborating, and supervising PACE Primary Care Providers, and other clinical staff.
- Manage direct reports including hiring, training, supervising and mentoring.
- Manage provider staffing to provide appropriate clinic coverage.
- Providing clinical care in the capacity you determine best suited for our program, whether direct care of a small panel or in a supervisory role overseeing other providers.
- Supporting development of innovative care pathways for complex conditions to enhance participant quality of life.
- Overseeing the Quality Improvement (QI) program, committees, and reports to the WelbeHealth Board of Directors.
- Developing, implementing, and monitoring outcome measurements to assure high-quality medical care and efficient health care service utilization. Including managing best practice utilization of both internal and consult services.
- Participating in the executive management team to provide planning, budgeting, and oversight leadership for WelbeHealth.
- Ensuring appropriate diagnosis documentation of providers to accurately reflect the clinical complexity of PACE program participants.
- Monitoring clinical and financial outcomes data to ensure performance is on track and identifying opportunities and working with market and central leadership teams on process improvements and in implementing clinical and operational strategies to reach desired goals.
- Acting as community liaison with physician groups, specialists, and hospitals to represent WelbeHealth, assisting with recruitment and orientation of contracted providers, assuring strong provider relationships, and curating a high-quality provider network in collaboration with other departments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Creative and enthusiastic commitment to the “triple aim” – dedication to improving experience, health, and value for participants
- Demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships with other providers and care team
- Excellent clinical, organizational, and communication skills in settings with frail, elderly participants, their families, and the IDT
- Current knowledge of chronic care/geriatric issues and best practices
- Active California physician license without restrictions
- Board Certification – Internal Medicine or Family Practice. Specialty in Geriatrics (preferred), Internal Medicine, or Family Practice
- Successful completion of a residency program accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education, Completion of Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine
- Active California Physician License without Restrictions.
- Deep commitment to helping unlock the potential of our most vulnerable seniors
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
At WelbeHealth, our mission is to unlock the full potential of our vulnerable seniors. In this spirit, please note that we have a vaccination policy for all of our employees and proof of vaccination prior to employment is required.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At WelbeHealth, we embrace and cherish the diversity of our team members, and we're committed to building a culture of inclusion and belonging. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. People seeking employment at WelbeHealth are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), pregnancy or other status protected by applicable law.