At WelbeHealth, we make the impossible, possible for underserved seniors. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge healthcare and well-being service products especially for seniors and their families. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative healthcare, insurance, social support and more to seniors. We create senior well-being through our courage to love, pioneering spirit and shared intention. These values permeate everything we do. At WelbeHealth, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of healthcare and well-being experiences and create the never-before-seen!
Reporting to the Regional VP, the General Manager (Operations Leader) is responsible for guiding operations to achieve key performance indicator goals set by the Board of Directors for the WelbeHealth program. Through effective oversight and leadership, this leader ensures that the program delivers high-quality care to WelbeHealth participants and remains compliant with all applicable State and Federal Regulations. The General Manager facilitates collaborative relationships across WelbeHealth and stakeholders and manages a high-functioning leadership team that successfully operationalizes WelbeHealth values, team culture and mission.
What you’ll do:
- In partnership with the WelbeHealth leadership team and quality improvement committees, monitor care delivery quality and staff adherence to regulations, policies and procedures, quality improvement plan, WelbeHealth best practices; and lead response to correct any identified concerns.
- Effectively develop and manage the WelbeHealth leadership team.
- In collaboration with finance leadership, develop, maintain, and operate within a program budget including hiring plans, to achieve operational goals.
- Operate WelbeHealth within approved program budget.
- Oversee the development of sound data collection methods and maintenance of secure and accurate medical records.
- Build strong relationships with key external stakeholders such as community service providers, regulators, legislators, associations etc.
- Actively monitor Team member engagement and support organizational health practices to ensure exceptional culture.
- Ensure compliance with applicable Federal, State and local regulatory and licensing standards, including passing regulatory audits.
- Exercises flexibility in performing assignments as business needs evolve
- Lead the coordination and preparation for Board meetings.
- Participate in strategic planning and broader initiatives to refine WelbeHealth operations best practices to share across other programs.
- Serve as WelbeHealth Program Director as specified in CFR 460.60(b) responsible for oversight and administration of WelbeHealth.
- Manage direct reports including hiring, training, supervising and mentoring.
- Complete all required documentation in a timely and accurate manner.
- Protect privacy and maintain confidentiality of all company procedures and information about team members, participants, and families.
- Follow WelbeHealth policies and procedures and participate in any required Quality Improvement activities, staff training and meetings.
- Communicate regularly with Supervisor and team regarding workload and priorities.
- Timely completion of all documentation, all mandated trainings, education and occupational health screenings as needed.
Why you’ll love working at WelbeHealth:
- PACE is a truly special model that allows practitioners to provide care in in a compassionate and relationship-focused way. You’ll be a part of bringing this exciting program to seniors in the Stanislaus and San Joaquin communities.
- You’ll be surrounded by capable colleagues who care deeply about their work and are greater than the sum of our parts.
- You’ll have the opportunity to develop creative solutions for participants and to practice “person-centered care,” empowering and helping our participants meet their goals.
- Strong preference for those who have completed 2-step COVID-19 vaccination series or are willing to do so in first 30 days after hire as condition of continued employment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field, 5+ years of relevant management experience may be substituted.
- Master’s Degree in Health Care Administration, Public Health, Social Welfare, Gerontology or relevant field.
- Valid State Driver’s License with a clean DMV record.
- Copy of recent Vehicle Insurance required.
- 5+ years of experience developing and managing highly successful healthcare programs.
- 3+ years of supervisory experience in a health or social services program, with managing a senior care program preferred.
- Track record of driving initiatives that lead to improved patient experience.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and develop other leaders and care team members.
- Current knowledge of chronic care, geriatric issues and best practices.
- Highly motivated, self-directed, able to execute tasks in a quickly changing environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations.
- Working knowledge of regulations preferred.
- Excellent leadership, organizational and communication skills in settings with seniors, their families and interdisciplinary team members.
- Experience leading in a data-driven organization, leveraging reports and data to prioritize and manage people and projects.
- Highly motivated, inspirational leader who is able to innovatively engage, support and remove barriers for the team to ensure the team consistently meet established goals.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience and competency working with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Deep commitment to helping unlock the potential of our most vulnerable seniors.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
At WelbeHealth, our mission is to unlock the full potential of our vulnerable seniors. In this spirit, please note that we have a vaccination policy for all of our employees and proof of vaccination prior to employment is required.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At WelbeHealth, we embrace and cherish the diversity of our team members, and we're committed to building a culture of inclusion and belonging. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. People seeking employment at WelbeHealth are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), pregnancy or other status protected by applicable law.