At WelbeHealth, we make the impossible, possible for underserved seniors. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge healthcare and well-being service products especially for seniors and their families. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative healthcare, insurance, social support and more to seniors. We create senior well-being through our courage to love, pioneering spirit and shared intention. These values permeate everything we do. At WelbeHealth, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of healthcare and well-being experiences and create the never-before-seen!
Reporting to WelbeHealth Provider and Clinic Manager, the WelbeHealth Center Nurse is responsible for providing clinical coverage to participants attending the day center in accordance with their scope of practice, collaborating with the Clinic Team to facilitate the
efficiency of care provided to participants.
What you'll do:
- Provide routine and urgent nursing care, along with keeping up with required documentation, as well as education and training to participants in the Day Center, in accordance with their scope of practice, and as directed by the provider.
- Route participants to their previously scheduled follow- up appointments or to an urgent same-day visit by a provider.
- Remain observant to perceived changes in participants’ physical or mental health and serve as the primary point of contact for clinical questions, concerns, or needs as they arise from participants and families in the Day Center and obtain pertinent input or updates from other sources and appropriately escalate questions and concerns to the Clinic Supervisor and/or Provider.
- Correctly administer medications to participants in the Day Center, and when necessary performing tests and treatments as ordered by the provider.
- Maintaining a healthy and safe Day Center environment.
- Document in Electronic Health Records their assessments and findings in regard to Day Center participants, communicate and coordinate the care with other members of the team when indicated.
- Document and administer medications to participants in the Day Center and pre-fill participant medication minders/pill boxes.
- Log communicable disease cases, report case information to Clinic Supervisor and Medical Director, perform contact tracing as directed by Medical Director, and ensure proper documentation in all systems internally and externally.
- Provide backup coverage to other WelbeHealth PACE nursing functions.
- Serve as a point of contact for incoming clinic calls and transfer to appropriate care team member as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Why you’ll love working at WelbeHealth:
- WelbeHealth PACE is a truly special model that allows practitioners to provide care in in a compassionate and relationship-focused way and you’ll be a part of bringing this exciting program to seniors in the community
- You’ll have the opportunity to develop creative solutions for participants and to practice “person-centered care,” empowering and helping our participants meet their goals
- Education Required (Minimum level of education): Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing
- Unencumbered LVN License.
- Certifications/Licenses Required: Valid State Driver’s License with a clean DMV record. Copy of recent Vehicle Insurance required.
- High School Diploma or Equivalency.
- Minimum of one year of nursing experience in a clinical setting with a frail or elderly population.
- Nursing knowledge and skills necessary to treat frail, elderly participants and manage complex clinical situations.
- Highly motivated, self-directed, able to execute tasks in a quickly changing environment
and make sound decisions in emergency situations.
- Highly organized to accurately perform numerous tasks for multiple patients
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience and competency working with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Bilingual Spanish or Armenian preferred.
- Deep commitment to helping unlock the potential of our most vulnerable seniors.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
At WelbeHealth, our mission is to unlock the full potential of our vulnerable seniors. In this spirit, please note that we have a vaccination policy for all of our employees and proof of vaccination prior to employment is required.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At WelbeHealth, we embrace and cherish the diversity of our team members, and we're committed to building a culture of inclusion and belonging. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. People seeking employment at WelbeHealth are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), pregnancy or other status protected by applicable law.