At WelbeHealth, we make the impossible, possible for underserved seniors. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge healthcare and well-being service products especially for seniors and their families. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative healthcare, insurance, social support and more to seniors. We create senior well-being through our courage to love, pioneering spirit and shared intention. These values permeate everything we do. At WelbeHealth, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of healthcare and well-being experiences and create the never-before-seen!
The WelbeHealth Transportation Dispatcher is responsible for coordinating all the transportation services provided to participants and potential enrollees and oversee vehicle safety. The Transportation Dispatcher collaborates effectively with colleagues and stakeholders to promote the WelbeHealth values, team culture and mission.
You’ll be responsible for:
- If necessary when needed to fill in for the Transportation Coordinator and directed by the Transportation Manager to effectively participate in IDT meetings including preparation, active engagement (listening to others, sharing ideas and driving toward solutions) and timely follow-up.
- Oversee the scheduling of transportation services and ensure both maximum efficiency and high customer satisfaction.
- Oversee the maintenance and safety of all vehicles, including lift vans, ADA accessible minibuses, and ambulatory vehicles.
- Respond to any incidents according to training and policies and procedures.
- Support the intake and enrollment process to ensure prospective participants move through the enrollment process in a timely and effective manner.
- Remain alert to pertinent input from other team members, participants, caregivers, and update the IDT promptly of any changes in participants’ condition or psychological status.
- Adhere to the assigned schedule of transporting PACE participants, ensuring high customer satisfaction. •Conduct a comprehensive pre-inspectionon assigned vehicles, including lift vans, ADA accessible minibuses, and ambulatory vehicles prior to the start of each shift.
- Ensure that all wheelchairs or any other assistive devices are tied down properly.
- Assist clients getting in and out of vehicles, as well as transferring participants in and out of wheelchairs.
- Report any incidents to the Transportation Coordinator according to training and policies and procedures.
- Remain alert to pertinent input from other team members, participants, and caregivers and promptly update the Transportation Coordinator or other members of the IDT of any changes in participants’ condition or psychosocial status.
- Complete all required documentation in a timely and accurate manner.
- Protect privacy and maintain confidentiality of all company procedures and information about team members, participants, and families.
- Follow WelbeHealth policies and procedures and participate in any required Quality Improvement activities, staff training and meetings.
- High School Diploma or Equivalency required.
- Current Valid California Class A, B, or C Driver’s License.
- Copy of most recent Vehicle Insurance required.
- In the event of future operational changes, you maybe notified and WelbeHealth, may require you to obtain a Passenger (P) Endorsement on your Driver’s License for the classification of a passenger transportation vehicle.
- Must have a Driver’s License for at least five (5) years with no more than one (1) moving violation or one (1) at fault accident in the last three (3) years.
- Participate in the DMV pull notice and random testing for alcohol and controlled substances programs, pass DOJ/FBI background check, and pass DOT physical exam. Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of four years’ experience working in a public/private transportation setting.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in working in the dispatcher setting within your market area.
- Experience using computer systems for tracking transportation services preferred.
- Minimum of one year of experience with a frail or elderly population.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience and competency working with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Deep commitment to helping unlock the potential of our most vulnerable seniors.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
At WelbeHealth, our mission is to unlock the full potential of our vulnerable seniors. In this spirit, please note that we have a vaccination policy for all of our employees and proof of vaccination prior to employment is required.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At WelbeHealth, we embrace and cherish the diversity of our team members, and we're committed to building a culture of inclusion and belonging. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. People seeking employment at WelbeHealth are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), pregnancy or other status protected by applicable law.