At WelbeHealth, we make the impossible, possible for underserved seniors. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge healthcare and well-being service products especially for seniors and their families. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative healthcare, insurance, social support and more to seniors. We create senior well-being through our courage to love, pioneering spirit and shared intention. These values permeate everything we do. At WelbeHealth, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of healthcare and well-being experiences and create the never-before-seen!
Reporting to the Home Care Supervisor, the Home Care Assistant will provide safe delivery of personal care services to WelbeHealth participants in their homes, as scheduled and directed.
The perks of working at WelbeHealth:
- Competitive hourly pay: We’ll pay you a competitive hourly wage ($18.50/hour and up, depending on your certifications)
- Growth: We’ll cover the cost of receiving your Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) and/or Home Health Aide (HHA) certification if you don’t already have it
- We’ll keep you safe: We provide ample PPE and test regularly to keep you and your family safe from COVID
What you’ll do:
- Provide personal care and assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs) to WelbeHealth participants, in their homes, including but not limited to bathing, dressing, grooming, dressing, toileting, transferring etc.
- Assist participants with Instrumental Activities of Daily Living (IADLs), including but not limited to laundry, light housekeeping, shopping, etc.
- Measure and document participants’ vital signs as instructed
- Assist with light meal preparation and feeding in participants’ homes, ensuring participants are nurtured and hydrated
- Assist participants with safe transfer in and out of their homes and act as medical escort on vehicles and to medical appointments as assigned
- Maintain personal care supplies such as incontinence supplies and personal grooming items in participants’ homes
- Assist Rehabilitation department by carrying out a home exercise program as indicated in the care plan developed by the IDT, after sufficient training
- Remind participants of medications which are ordinarily self-administered
- Provide translation services as needed, if qualified
- Assist Engagement team and Day Center teams as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong preference for those who have completed 2-step COVID-19 vaccination series or are willing to do so in first 30 days after hire as condition of continued employment
- Graduation from high school or equivalent required
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) / First Aid Certification required
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) certification or Home Health Aide (HHA) certification preferred
- Bilingual preferred
- Ability to process accurate information in a timely manner
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to follow directions from supervisor and communicate needs effectively
- Experience and competency working with people from diverse backgrounds
- Deep commitment to helping unlock the potential of our most vulnerable seniors
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
At WelbeHealth, our mission is to unlock the full potential of our vulnerable seniors. In this spirit, please note that we have a vaccination policy for all of our employees and proof of vaccination prior to employment is required.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At WelbeHealth, we embrace and cherish the diversity of our team members, and we're committed to building a culture of inclusion and belonging. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. People seeking employment at WelbeHealth are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), pregnancy or other status protected by applicable law.