At WelbeHealth, we make the impossible, possible for underserved seniors. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge healthcare and well-being service products especially for seniors and their families. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative healthcare, insurance, social support and more to seniors. We create senior well-being through our courage to love, pioneering spirit and shared intention. These values permeate everything we do. At WelbeHealth, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of healthcare and well-being experiences and create the never-before-seen!
The Medical Coding Specialist is responsible for ensuring codes are applied correctly during the medical billing process, which includes removing the information for documentation, assigning the appropriate codes, and creating a claim to be paid by insurance carriers. The Medical Coding Specialist collaborates with colleagues and stakeholders to promote the WelbeHealth values, team culture and mission.
What you’ll do:
- Assist with retrospective and concurrent coding for PACE (Programs of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly) Dual participants.
- Ensures coding is accurate and properly supported by clinical documentation within the health record.
- Conducts pre-visit chart preparations and post visit chart reviews.
- Conducts audits and participates in provider education programs to ensure compliance with CMS risk adjustment diagnosis coding guideline.
- Works closely with direct manager in identifying opportunities for HCC coding education.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision or function in a team environment sharing responsibility, roles, and accountability.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced production environment while maintaining high quality.
- Ability to take general direction and manage complex projects within deadlines.
- Must have attention to detail and the ability to organize and prioritize.
- Professional Certification: AHIMA Or AAPC Certified Coder Required. CRC Certification Preferred.
- 2+ years of Risk Adjustment (HCC) coding experience in a managed care environment.
- Strong knowledge of ICD-10 coding standards.
- Experience in correct application of M.E.A.T. concepts.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Deep commitment to helping unlock the potential of our most vulnerable seniors
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
At WelbeHealth, our mission is to unlock the full potential of our vulnerable seniors. In this spirit, please note that we have a vaccination policy for all of our employees and proof of vaccination prior to employment is required.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At WelbeHealth, we embrace and cherish the diversity of our team members, and we're committed to building a culture of inclusion and belonging. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. People seeking employment at WelbeHealth are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), pregnancy or other status protected by applicable law.