At WelbeHealth, we make the impossible, possible for underserved seniors. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge healthcare and well-being service products especially for seniors and their families. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative healthcare, insurance, social support and more to seniors. We create senior well-being through our courage to love, pioneering spirit and shared intention. These values permeate everything we do. At WelbeHealth, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of healthcare and well-being experiences and create the never-before-seen!
Reporting into the Day Center Supervisor, the Personal Care Assistant will provide safe delivery of personal care services to PACE participants in their homes, as scheduled and directed. The Personal Care Assistant will work within our WelbeHealth PACE sites; assisting participants in ADL's (activities of daily living) while in the center, providing companionship and monitoring for safety. The Personal Care Assistant will be assisting participants during meal service and engagement activities including assisting with clean-up and sanitation of public areas. Personal Care Assistants will communicate regularly with WelbeHealth team members for any updates or changes to participants condition.
The perks of working at WelbeHealth:
- $5,000 in bonuses during year 1: Our Personal Care Assistants hires are a part of WelbeHealth’s PCA Train & Stay program where you’ll receive more than $5,000 in bonuses during your first year
- $1,000 Training Bonus: You’ll receive a bonus upon successfully completing your required training when you join (typically completed within first 30 days)
- $1,000 Stay Bonus: $1,000 bonus every 3 months you’re employed during your first year
- $500 Referral Bonuses: You’ll receive an additional referral bonus every time you refer a friend who gets hired (no limit!)
- Competitive hourly pay: We’ll pay you a competitive hourly wage ($16/hour and up, depending on your certifications)
- Growth: We’ll cover the cost of receiving your Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) and/or Home Health Aide (HHA) certification if you don’t already have it
- Benefits and paid time off from day 1: Your insurance coverage and time off accrual starts on day one, no waiting period!
- Your voice matters: At WelbeHealth, our Home Care Assistants (PCA's) are a vital part of our team. You will contribute to the care planning process as an equal part of our interdisciplinary team
- We’ll keep you safe: We provide ample PPE and test regularly to keep you and your family safe from COVID
What you’ll do:
- Provide personal care and assistance with ADLs (activities of daily living) to WelbeHealth PACE participants, including but not limited to escorting, toileting, bathing, dressing, grooming, assisting with meals, laundry, etc.
- Measure and document participants’ vital signs as instructed.
- Assist participants with boarding and exiting from WelbeHealth PACE transportation vehicles and acting as medical escort when instructed.
- Observe activity on the day center floor to assure participant safety.
- Assist with meal service, ensuring participants receive the correct meals and providing support with feeding when indicated.
- Maintain personal care supplies such as incontinence supplies and personal grooming items.
- Provide translation services as needed, if qualified.
- Assist Engagement team and Home Care team as needed.
- Clean participant areas in the day center between meals and activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from high school or equivalent required
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) / First Aid Certification required
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) certification or Home Health Aide (HHA) certification preferred
- Bilingual preferred
- Ability to process accurate information in a timely manner
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to follow directions from supervisor and communicate needs effectively
- Experience and competency working with people from diverse backgrounds
- Deep commitment to helping unlock the potential of our most vulnerable seniors
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
At WelbeHealth, our mission is to unlock the full potential of our vulnerable seniors. In this spirit, please note that we have a vaccination policy for all of our employees and proof of vaccination prior to employment is required.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At WelbeHealth, we embrace and cherish the diversity of our team members, and we're committed to building a culture of inclusion and belonging. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. People seeking employment at WelbeHealth are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), pregnancy or other status protected by applicable law.