At WelbeHealth, we make the impossible, possible for underserved seniors. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge healthcare and well-being service products especially for seniors and their families. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative healthcare, insurance, social support and more to seniors. We create senior well-being through our courage to love, pioneering spirit and shared intention. These values permeate everything we do. At WelbeHealth, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of healthcare and well-being experiences and create the never-before-seen!
As a member of the Training and Development (T&D) Team, the Training and Development Specialist is responsible for managing, designing, developing, coordinating, and conducting effective and engaging training programs using a variety of methods for WelbeHealth staff. The Specialist will collaborate with managers to identify training needs to promote best practices and optimal participant care. S/he will promote and encourage professional development and lifelong learning.
This role requires strong program management and communication skills as well as experience and understanding of training methods. The Specialist will collaborate effectively with colleagues and stakeholders to promote WelbeHealth values, team culture and mission.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Conduct ongoing organization-wide training needs assessment for WelbeHealth staff identifying skills or knowledge gaps that need to be addressed
- Collaborate with WelbeHealth managers to identify growth opportunities and educational needs for staff
- Identify and respond to the learning needs of individuals
- Design curriculum to effectively meet needs of WelbeHealth staff and PACE programs incorporating evidence-based research into educational plans
- Select known, appropriate and current principles and training methods (e.g. role play, mentoring, on-the-job training, professional development classes)
- Deliver engaging and inspiring training WelbeHealth staff
- Provide onboarding training for newly hired as required
- Monitor the effectiveness of the training program adapting to continuously improve.
- Host train-the-trainer sessions for internal subject matter experts
- Provide support to supervisors with competency testing as needed
- Ensure annual compliance for education modules assigned to staff are completed on time
- Collaborate closely with the T&D team and clinical supervisors across the organization including researching and recommending new training methods to the Training and Development Team
- Complete all required documentation in a timely and accurate manner.
- Protect privacy and maintain confidentiality of all company procedures and information about employees, participants and families.
- Follow WelbeHealth policies and procedures and participate in any required Quality Improvement activities, staff training and meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, training, HR or related field required
- 1-2 years’ work experience as a training specialist or similar role
- Previous experience developing and delivering training to staff
- Experience with PACE, Home Health or Hospice programs preferred
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively
- Ability to manage multiple projects with high attention to detail
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Experience and competency working with people from diverse backgrounds
- Computer literacy skills including working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to travel within California to other WelbeHealth PACE locations
- Deep commitment to helping unlock the potential of our most vulnerable seniors
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
At WelbeHealth, our mission is to unlock the full potential of our vulnerable seniors. In this spirit, please note that we have a vaccination policy for all of our employees and proof of vaccination prior to employment is required.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At WelbeHealth, we embrace and cherish the diversity of our team members, and we're committed to building a culture of inclusion and belonging. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. People seeking employment at WelbeHealth are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), pregnancy or other status protected by applicable law.