At WelbeHealth, we make the impossible, possible for underserved seniors. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge healthcare and well-being service products especially for seniors and their families. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative healthcare, insurance, social support and more to seniors. We create senior well-being through our courage to love, pioneering spirit and shared intention. These values permeate everything we do. At WelbeHealth, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of healthcare and well-being experiences and create the never-before-seen!
Reporting to the Medical Director or Associate Medical Director, the Physician Assistant will provide assessment, planning, primary care and continuous medical coverage to WelbeHealth participants under the supervision of the Medical Director and in collaboration with WelbeHealth Physicians.
What you’ll do:
- Provide primary care and acute illness evaluation and treatment for participants in collaboration with WelbeHealth Physicians and Community-Based WelbeHealth Physicians
- In collaboration with a physician, perform in-person comprehensive assessments on participants and coordinating with the IDT to develop a comprehensive care plan for each participant
- Collaborate with physician(s) and interdisciplinary team (IDT) in discharge planning from acute or long term care settings
- In consultation with the WelbeHealth Physicians, refer participants to medical specialists as indicated and managing care of participants in the nursing home, making regular visits as dictated by PACE standards and participant need
- Be an active member of the IDT communicating participant changes, collaborating on care planning decisions and coordinating 24-hour care delivery
- Work collaboratively with WelbeHealth Physicians, Community-Based WelbeHealth Physicians and other members of the IDT to ensure effective care coordination
- Participate in rotating night and weekend call
- At the direction of the Medical Director, review outcomes and utilization data, including review of necessity of hospitalizations and use of specialists; establishing best practices with the Medical Director, and collaborating with clinical staff, WelbeHealth Physicians, Community-Based WelbeHealth Physicians and IDT to make policy and procedural improvements to reduce improve participant health
- Maintaine professional licensure and certifications
Why you’ll love working at WelbeHealth:
- You’ll have the opportunity to work alongside a team to create meaningful change and to provide care for patients in the way you feel is best
- With a small patient caseload, you’ll have ample time to focus on building relationships
- You’ll be joining a growing organization with a bold mission that gives you the opportunity to help shape our programs and processes as we grow
- Active Physician Assistant State License without Restrictions.
- Certification as a Physician Assistant with prescriptive authority
- Valid State Driver’s License with a clean DMV record.
- Working knowledge of PACE regulations a plus
- Minimum of 2 years working with the frail or elderly
- Ability to build strong working relationships with other providers and care team.
- Excellent clinical, organizational, and communication skills in settings with frail, elderly participants, their families, and the IDT
- Current knowledge of chronic care/geriatric issues and best practices
- Deep commitment to helping unlock the potential of our most vulnerable seniors
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
At WelbeHealth, our mission is to unlock the full potential of our vulnerable seniors. In this spirit, please note that we have a vaccination policy for all of our employees and proof of vaccination prior to employment is required.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At WelbeHealth, we embrace and cherish the diversity of our team members, and we're committed to building a culture of inclusion and belonging. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. People seeking employment at WelbeHealth are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), pregnancy or other status protected by applicable law.