At WelbeHealth, we make the impossible, possible for underserved seniors. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge healthcare and well-being service products especially for seniors and their families. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative healthcare, insurance, social support and more to seniors. We create senior well-being through our courage to love, pioneering spirit and shared intention. These values permeate everything we do. At WelbeHealth, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of healthcare and well-being experiences and create the never-before-seen!
The Care Team Assistant reports directly to the Home Services Operations Manager. The Care Team Assistant is responsible for tasks such as a scribe for meetings, management and distribution of inventory, administrative support like ordering supplies, and equipment supplied to participants and WelbeHealth clinic staff. The Care Team Assistant is a member of the collaborative Home Services care team and contributes to the provision of high quality, safe, compassionate, and efficient care that meets the standards of WelbeHealth PACE programs.
What you'll do:
- Orders, tracks, and documents inventory for incontinence supplies and DME for Home Services such as PPE, lab supplies, and vitals equipment.
- Orders and tracks distribution and collection of lifeline devices and medication machines.
- Assembles, tracks, and prepares for delivery of remote devices and vitals equipment.
- Maintains accuracy of assigned care teams in Athena and updates for newly enrolled participants or changes in IDT members.
- Coordinates intake of any new patient referral to the Home Services team by gathering patient demographics, medication list, care plan, etc. from EMR and transferring over to the Home Services software with detail and accuracy.
- Responsible for checking Home Care Assignment sheets as they are received (home care invoice reconciliation) and comparing against orders to make sure that they are accurate, being scheduled and carried out as ordered, noting areas of discrepancy.
- Scribes for PM huddle and other meetings as assigned.
- Obtains patient histories; prepares and updates medical charts and associated records and enters patient data into files and automated databases.
- Assists with home care responsibilities including: Providing assistance with ADLs, such as grooming, personal hygiene, dressing/undressing, eating/drinking, toileting/elimination, etc. Providing assistance with IADLs, such as preparing the participant for meals, using the phone, social/recreation/leisure events, identifying supports, etc.
- Acts as a point of contact for participants and families for asking questions and raising concerns via phone or in person, transfers call to assigned care team provider and ensures participant has contact information for follow-up questions.
- Participates as a member of the multi-disciplinary Home Services.
- Works on coordination of care with other disciplines & participants as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
Why you’ll love working at WelbeHealth:
- WelbeHealth PACE is a truly special model that allows practitioners to provide care in in a compassionate and relationship-focused way and you’ll be a part of bringing this exciting program to seniors in the community
- Valid State Driver’s License with a clean DMV record. Copy of recent Vehicle Insurance required.
- High School Diploma or Equivalency.
- Minimum of two years’ of experience with a frail or elderly population.
- Ability to facilitate problem-solving with challenging psychosocial and family situations.
- Highly motivated, self-directed, able to execute tasks in a quickly changing environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations.
- Familiarity with local community agencies and resources preferred.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Commitment to unlocking the full potential of our most vulnerable seniors.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
At WelbeHealth, our mission is to unlock the full potential of our vulnerable seniors. In this spirit, please note that we have a vaccination policy for all of our employees and proof of vaccination prior to employment is required.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At WelbeHealth, we embrace and cherish the diversity of our team members, and we're committed to building a culture of inclusion and belonging. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. People seeking employment at WelbeHealth are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), pregnancy or other status protected by applicable law.