At WelbeHealth, we make the impossible, possible for underserved seniors. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge healthcare and well-being service products especially for seniors and their families. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative healthcare, insurance, social support and more to seniors. We create senior well-being through our courage to love, pioneering spirit and shared intention. These values permeate everything we do. At WelbeHealth, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of healthcare and well-being experiences and create the never-before-seen!
Reporting to the Center Director, the Kitchen Assistant receives vendor-prepared food and readies it for participant meal service and ensures the temperatures of cooling and warming equipment are recorded as directed, and the kitchen area remains clean and sanitary at all times.
What you'll do:
- Assist the Registered Dietitian in provision of safe, therapeutic nutrition services that meet the diverse needs of participants:
- Receive vendor- prepared food and store properly to maintain acceptable temperature prior to meal service
- Measure and record temperatures of the food on delivery and at regular intervals, prior to serving, assuring that food remains safe for serving
- Plate the food for meal service, following instructions on participants’ ‘dietary cards’ for diets, preferences and special needs.
- Prepare alternate, pre-determined menu items as needed
- Prepare snacks for activities as requested
- Complete huddle (10 min meeting) with other PCA's twice per day, at 9 am and 2pm to review lunch service, discuss diet changes, participant concerns and dietary concerns
- Review menu, dietary spreads and other information related to daily menu to ensure compliance with menu, diets and meal service in general
- Organize participants’ ‘dietary cards’ for the day's lunch service, update them as needed
- Complete EOC rounds as required (Environment of Care checklist) -- checking for things that are required by law and that relate to dining standards that you develop
- Provide direction to PCAs for dining service, such as table assignments, tasks related to meal service, etc
- Provide oversight in dining room service, assist with serving meals and check in with participants as to satisfaction with meal
- Keep log of meal service, sharing with clinic or RD as needed
- Review the “% Percent of meal Eaten" logs after lunch and share as needed with appropriate staff (i.e. RD, RN/Clinic) for individual participant diet concerns
- Develop meal count on regular basis and communicate such count with food vendor. Communicate with food vendor on regular basis to update, correct and adjust meal count and special diet needs
- Check and calibrate kitchen thermometers regularly
- Other duties as assigned
- Graduation from high school or equivalent required
- Bilingual Spanish preferred
- ServSafe certification preferred
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) / First Aid Certification required
- Minimum of one-year experience in food service or preparation, working with a
frail or elderly population
- Ability to follow directions from supervisor and communicate needs effectively
- Experience and competency working with people from diverse backgrounds
- Deep commitment to helping unlock the potential of our most vulnerable seniors
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
At WelbeHealth, our mission is to unlock the full potential of our vulnerable seniors. In this spirit, please note that we have a vaccination policy for all of our employees and proof of vaccination prior to employment is required.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At WelbeHealth, we embrace and cherish the diversity of our team members, and we're committed to building a culture of inclusion and belonging. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. People seeking employment at WelbeHealth are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), pregnancy or other status protected by applicable law.