At WelbeHealth, we make the impossible, possible for underserved seniors. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge healthcare and well-being service products especially for seniors and their families. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative healthcare, insurance, social support and more to seniors. We create senior well-being through our courage to love, pioneering spirit and shared intention. These values permeate everything we do. At WelbeHealth, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of healthcare and well-being experiences and create the never-before-seen!
Reporting to the Clinical Services Director, the Licensed Vocational Nurse will provide on-call telephonic and/or in-person personal care services to participants as needed during nighttime hours. Competitive compensation guaranteed.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Answering phone calls from our participants during weekday nighttime hours (4:30pm-8am), weekends, and holidays on scheduled shifts
- Using empathic listening and conversation skills to help work through participants’ concerns
- Acting as a representative of WelbeHealth to help local older adults stay living safely in their homes and community as per their wishes
- Escalating cases to other members of the care team, including registered nurses and providers when needed
- If necessary, visiting participant homes to provide nursing treatments such as assistance with falls, wound care, or medication management
- Acting as the eyes and ears for the physician, communicating on the phone/video with a registered nurse or provider as needed
- Coordinating afterhours services including transportation, medication delivery and emergency room/hospital discharge planning
- Relaying any participant information and documentation to daytime care team in a timely and accurate manner
- Protecting privacy and maintain confidentiality of all company procedures and information about employees, participants and families
- Current California Vocational Nurse License
- Experience with medication management, wound care, and transitions of care coordination preferred
- Willingness and ability to communicate by telephone and conduct home visits during after hours
- Access to a reliable automobile with valid driver’s license and minimum state required liability auto insurance preferred
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) / First Aid Certification preferred
- Bilingual language skills a plus
- Ability to process accurate information in a timely manner
- Ability to follow directions from physician and/or RN and communicate needs effectively
- Deep commitment to helping unlock the potential of our most vulnerable seniors
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
At WelbeHealth, our mission is to unlock the full potential of our vulnerable seniors. In this spirit, please note that we have a vaccination policy for all of our employees and proof of vaccination prior to employment is required.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At WelbeHealth, we embrace and cherish the diversity of our team members, and we're committed to building a culture of inclusion and belonging. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. People seeking employment at WelbeHealth are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), pregnancy or other status protected by applicable law.