At WelbeHealth, we make the impossible, possible for underserved seniors. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge healthcare and well-being service products especially for seniors and their families. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative healthcare, insurance, social support and more to seniors. We create senior well-being through our courage to love, pioneering spirit and shared intention. These values permeate everything we do. At WelbeHealth, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of healthcare and well-being experiences and create the never-before-seen!
Reporting to the Center Director, the Registered Dietitian will develop and implement the nutrition services program working in close collaboration with the Interdisciplinary Team (IDT).
What you’ll do:
- Conducting nutrition assessments to determine the nutrition needs, preferences and goals of the participants and actively participate in IDT meetings to develop participant care plans
- Delivering and documenting direct care nutrition interventions in accordance with physician orders and/or as agreed upon in the participants’ care plans including but not limited to implementing and monitoring special diets and meal intake and providing nutrition counseling to participants and families
- Overseeing the menu planning and meal delivery program to ensure that all safety and regulatory requirements are met and participants receive the correct special diets
- Overseeing the coordination of supplements as ordered
- Providing staff training to day center staff on the meal delivery program as needed
- Managing the nutrition staff including staff including hiring, training, supervising and mentoring
- Working with the physician and other members of the IDT to support smooth care transitions between settings (e.g. hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, home, etc.)
- Supporting the intake and enrollment process to ensure prospective participants move through the enrollment process in a timely and effective manner
- Remaining alert to pertinent input from other team members, participants, and caregivers and updating the IDT promptly of any changes in participants’ condition or psychosocial status
- Other duties as assigned
- Registered Dietitian with at least 4 years’ experience managing nutrition services in a similar setting
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) / First Aid Certification required
- Current driver’s license and proof of auto insurance required
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and develop team members
- Ability to process accurate information in a timely manner
- Excellent leadership, organizational and communication skills in settings with seniors, their families and interdisciplinary team members
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- At least 1 year of experience with a frail or elderly population
- Experience and competency working with people from diverse backgrounds
- Deep commitment to helping unlock the potential of our most vulnerable seniors
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
At WelbeHealth, our mission is to unlock the full potential of our vulnerable seniors. In this spirit, please note that we have a vaccination policy for all of our employees and proof of vaccination prior to employment is required.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At WelbeHealth, we embrace and cherish the diversity of our team members, and we're committed to building a culture of inclusion and belonging. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. People seeking employment at WelbeHealth are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), pregnancy or other status protected by applicable law.