At WelbeHealth, we make the impossible, possible for underserved seniors. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge healthcare and well-being service products especially for seniors and their families. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative healthcare, insurance, social support and more to seniors. We create senior well-being through our courage to love, pioneering spirit and shared intention. These values permeate everything we do. At WelbeHealth, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of healthcare and well-being experiences and create the never-before-seen!
Reporting to the Home Health Manager, the Home Care Coordinator is responsible for arranging, assessing form and supervising personal care in the home. The position involves significant teamwork and collaboration with staff, staff supervision, organizations, and diverse community members.
What you'll do:
- Handle and coordinate incoming calls related to participant, physicians, referrals and agency services regarding physician orders, participant questions and referrals.
- Telephone communications between, and demonstrates effective communication skills, with nursing therapy, aide, social services, physicians, etc., regarding changes in patient/staff schedule, test results, etc.
- Assists with staffing/scheduling activities, soliciting, input from managers.
- Provides follow-up for hospitalized participants, ensuring subsequent agency referral.
- In collaboration with Home Care Services staff, track and monitor home care hour scheduling.
- In coordination with the Marketing Team, support enrollment of perspective participants into the program.
- Participate in end-of-life care, coordination, and support.
- Communicate the participant interaction with the Home Health Manager also includes emails and follow up phone calls outside.
- Conduct and document home safety assessments as assigned.
- Remain alert to pertinent input from other team members, participants, and caregivers and update the RN or other Home Services staff promptly of any changes in participants’ condition or medical status.
- Support the Home Services staff work to manage smooth care transitions between settings (hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, home, etc.).
- Instruct the participant, family and caregivers regarding the disease process, self-care techniques, and prevention strategies, as assigned.
- Provide backup coverage to other WelbeHealth nursing functions as assigned.
- Complete all required documentation in a timely and accurate manner.
- Protect privacy and maintain confidentiality of all comp
- Unencumbered LVN License or equivalency as a minimum requirement; with an additional three years of professional experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Minimum of three years of case management or nursing experience in a clinical setting or home with a frail or elderly population.
- Nursing knowledge and skills necessary to treat frail, elderly participants and manage complex clinical situations preferred.
- Highly motivated, self-directed, able to execute tasks in a quickly changing environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations.
- Excellent clinical, organizational and communication skills in settings with seniors, their families and interdisciplinary team members.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience and competency working with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Bilingual Spanish-English preferred.
- Deep commitment to helping unlock the potential of our most vulnerable seniors.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
At WelbeHealth, our mission is to unlock the full potential of our vulnerable seniors. In this spirit, please note that we have a vaccination policy for all of our employees and proof of vaccination prior to employment is required.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At WelbeHealth, we embrace and cherish the diversity of our team members, and we're committed to building a culture of inclusion and belonging. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. People seeking employment at WelbeHealth are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), pregnancy or other status protected by applicable law.