At WelbeHealth, we make the impossible, possible for underserved seniors. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge healthcare and well-being service products especially for seniors and their families. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative healthcare, insurance, social support and more to seniors. We create senior well-being through our courage to love, pioneering spirit and shared intention. These values permeate everything we do. At WelbeHealth, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of healthcare and well-being experiences and create the never-before-seen!
Reporting to the Regional QI Manager, the QI Coordinator is responsible for the maintenance and implementation of the Quality Improvement program, in collaboration with the Medical Director and Executive Director.
What you'll do:
- Collaborating with the Medical Director on the development of the annual QI Plan
- Implementing all the activities of the QI Program – QI Plan and QI policies and procedures
- Collecting, analyzing, and generating reports for all QI department data
- Completing timely submission of all information required by regulatory agencies
- Leading staff through the preparation for and successful completion of all state and federal audits
- Monitoring staff (employee and contractor) compliance with Sequoia PACE policies and procedures, working with the Sequoia PACE leadership team towards resolution as issues arise
- Managing the preparation, implementation and follow up of all QI Program Committees
- Preparing the annual QI program outcome report for presentation to the Board of Directors, staff, participants and vendors
- Coordinating the annual Participant satisfaction and HOS surveys to support participation
- Preparing and distributing quality analytics reports from the Electronic Medical Record regularly
- Managing relationships with state and federal regulatory agencies
- Providing leadership and education on the QI Program to staff, administration all other stakeholders as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Master’s degree or additional three years’ experience
- At least three years’ experience as a quality improvement/ assurance manager in a healthcare setting
- Bilingual Spanish skills a plus
- Experience with managing data and conducting analyses using productivity suite software including complex spreadsheets and preferably relational and/or hierarchical databases
- Experience working in an Electronic Medical Record strongly preferred
- Ability to process accurate information in a timely manner
- Excellent leadership, organizational, customer service and communication skills with seniors, their families and interdisciplinary team members
- Highly motivated, self-directed, able to execute tasks in a quickly changing environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations
- Experience and competency working with people from diverse backgrounds
- Deep commitment to helping unlock the potential of our most vulnerable seniors
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
At WelbeHealth, our mission is to unlock the full potential of our vulnerable seniors. In this spirit, please note that we have a vaccination policy for all of our employees and proof of vaccination prior to employment is required.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At WelbeHealth, we embrace and cherish the diversity of our team members, and we're committed to building a culture of inclusion and belonging. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. People seeking employment at WelbeHealth are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), pregnancy or other status protected by applicable law.