At WelbeHealth, we make the impossible, possible for underserved seniors. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge healthcare and well-being service products especially for seniors and their families. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative healthcare, insurance, social support and more to seniors. We create senior well-being through our courage to love, pioneering spirit and shared intention. These values permeate everything we do. At WelbeHealth, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of healthcare and well-being experiences and create the never-before-seen!
Reporting to the Clinical Services Director, the Social Worker will manage a caseload of participants working in close coordination with the WelbeHealth PACE Interdisciplinary Team (IDT).The Social Worker will be assisting with psycho-social assessments, providing individual and group counseling and providing community referrals. The Social Worker will be involved in providing discharge and end of life care planning for participants and their loved ones.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Conducting Social Work assessments to determine the psychosocial needs, preferences and goals of participants and actively participate in IDT meetings to develop participant care plans.
- Delivering and documenting social work interventions including arranging necessary resources and services, assisting with care transitions, providing individual and group counseling and case management.
- Working with the PACE Physician and other members of the IDT to support smooth care transitions between settings (e.g. hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, home, etc.).
- Remaining alert to pertinent input from other team members, participants, and caregivers and update the IDT promptly of any changes in participants’ condition or psychosocial status.
- In coordination with the Intake team, facilitating enrollment of prospective participants into the program.
- Initiating, coordinating and facilitating care conference meetings to ensure the highest level of care coordination among IDT members. participants and other people within the participants’ support network (family, informal caregivers etc.).
- Providing discharge planning when participants disenroll from the program.
- Providing educational in-services to staff, participants and caregivers/families regarding psychosocial aspects of aging and related issues.
- Participating in end-of-life care coordination and support.
- Conducting home visits as necessary.
- Providing support with Medi-Cal and Medicare enrollments to benefits eligibility staff.
Why you’ll love working at WelbeHealth:
- As an early employee of our program, you will have the ability to help shape our processes.
- WelbeHealth PACE is a truly special model that allows practitioners to provide care in in a compassionate and relationship-focused way. You’ll be a part of bringing this exciting program to seniors in the community.
- You’ll be surrounded by capable colleagues who care deeply about their work and are greater than the sum of our parts.
- Strong preference for those who have completed 2-step COVID-19 vaccination series or are willing to do so in first 30 days after hire as condition of continued employment
- Master’s in Social Work (MSW) required
- At least one year of experience with a frail or elderly population
- Bilingual Spanish preferred
- Experience supporting individuals with behavioral health and/or substance abuse issues
- Highly motivated, self-directed, able to execute tasks in a quickly changing environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations
- Ability to process accurate information in a timely manner
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Familiarity with local community agencies and resources preferred
- Deep commitment to helping unlock the potential of our most vulnerable seniors
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
At WelbeHealth, our mission is to unlock the full potential of our vulnerable seniors. In this spirit, please note that we have a vaccination policy for all of our employees and proof of vaccination prior to employment is required.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At WelbeHealth, we embrace and cherish the diversity of our team members, and we're committed to building a culture of inclusion and belonging. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. People seeking employment at WelbeHealth are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), pregnancy or other status protected by applicable law.