At WelbeHealth, we make the impossible, possible for underserved seniors. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge healthcare and well-being service products especially for seniors and their families. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative healthcare, insurance, social support and more to seniors. We create senior well-being through our courage to love, pioneering spirit and shared intention. These values permeate everything we do. At WelbeHealth, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of healthcare and well-being experiences and create the never-before-seen!
Reporting to the Clinical Services Director, the Physical Therapist will be responsible for coordinating and providing restorative and rehabilitative Physical Therapy services to participants at the Center and at home. The Physical Therapist will be a key member of our clinical staff assisting with care planning and providing condition updates to the rest of the clinical team. The Physical Therapist will provide education to participants, caregivers and family members on proper maintenance of any therapeutic equipment or devices as well as educating on any at-home techniques to manage conditions.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Conducting Physical Therapy assessments in our facility and in the home to determine the Physical Therapy care needs, preferences and goals of the participants and actively participate in IDT meetings to develop participant care plans.
- Delivering and document Physical Therapy interventions in accordance with physician orders and/or as agreed upon in the participants’ care plans including but not limited to providing active and passive exercise, muscle re-education, gait and functional training of ADLs; treatments such as massage, heat, sound, water light or electricity.
- Supervising the Therapy Assistants, including providing training, instruction and guidance needed to implement Functional Maintenance Programs (FMP).
- Providing training and instructions to staff, participants and caregivers/families in the use and care of therapeutic equipment.
- Ordering, tracking and managing maintenance for equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Why you’ll love working at WelbeHealth:
- As an early employee of our program, you will have the ability to help shape our processes
- PACE is a truly special model that allows practitioners to provide care in in a compassionate and relationship-focused way. You’ll be a part of bringing this exciting program to seniors in the Fresno community
- You’ll be surrounded by capable colleagues who care deeply about their work and are greater than the sum of our parts
- Strong preference for those who have completed 2-step COVID-19 vaccination series or are willing to do so in first 30 days after hire as condition of continued employment
- Valid Physical Therapy license in the state of California, or proof of license eligibility
- Master’s degree in Physical Therapy, a Physical Therapy related field in addition to a bachelor’s degree in Physical Therapy, or Bachelor’s degree in Physical Therapy plus 5 years of progressively responsible PT experience
- Minimum of two years Physical Therapy experience in a clinical setting with a frail or elderly population.
- Physical Therapy knowledge and skills necessary to treat frail, elderly participants with complex needs.
- Highly motivated, self-directed, able to execute tasks in a quickly changing environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations.
- Excellent clinical, organizational and communication skills in settings with seniors, their families and interdisciplinary team members.
- Experience and competency working with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Deep commitment to helping unlock the potential of our most vulnerable seniors
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
At WelbeHealth, our mission is to unlock the full potential of our vulnerable seniors. In this spirit, please note that we have a vaccination policy for all of our employees and proof of vaccination prior to employment is required.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At WelbeHealth, we embrace and cherish the diversity of our team members, and we're committed to building a culture of inclusion and belonging. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. People seeking employment at WelbeHealth are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), pregnancy or other status protected by applicable law.