At WelbeHealth, we make the impossible, possible for underserved seniors. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge healthcare and well-being service products especially for seniors and their families. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative healthcare, insurance, social support and more to seniors. We create senior well-being through our courage to love, pioneering spirit and shared intention. These values permeate everything we do. At WelbeHealth, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of healthcare and well-being experiences and create the never-before-seen!
Reporting to the Occupational Therapist, the COTA will assist the Occupational Therapist in providing occupational therapy treatments and procedures.
What you’ll do:
- Provide treatment to participants as designed by the OT
- Consult with OT regarding need to modify treatment plan and goals
- Measure participants' range of motion, strength and vital signs to determine the effect of treatment
- Perform standardized assessments to contribute to the OT assessment and/or measure progress of treatment
- Provide Rehab training for employees, PCAs, and contracted staff
- Confer with the occupational therapist and other members of the IDT
- Provide training to caregivers, family members and friends related to the functional mobility of participants following their goals and the organizational mission
- Lead group wellness activities
- Monitor and document routine maintenance of rehab equipment
- Assess and provide education and training for participants with braces, prosthesis, splints, diabetic shoes, and other supportive devices
- Other duties as assigned
Why you’ll love working at WelbeHealth:
- As an early employee of our program, you will have the ability to help shape our processes
- WelbeHealth is a truly special model that allows practitioners to provide care in in a compassionate and relationship-focused way - you’ll be a part of bringing this exciting program to seniors in the community
- You’ll be surrounded by capable colleagues who care deeply about their work and are greater than the sum of our parts
- High school diploma or equivalent plus graduation from an accredited Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA) program required
- Must possess a current, unencumbered active license to practice as a Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA) in California
- Two years’ experience as a COTA in an OT office or medical clinic, under the supervision of a medical provider
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) / First Aid / CPR Certification required
- At least 2 years of experience working with a frail or elderly population
- Deep commitment to helping unlock the potential of our most vulnerable seniors
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
At WelbeHealth, our mission is to unlock the full potential of our vulnerable seniors. In this spirit, please note that we have a vaccination policy for all of our employees and proof of vaccination prior to employment is required.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At WelbeHealth, we embrace and cherish the diversity of our team members, and we're committed to building a culture of inclusion and belonging. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. People seeking employment at WelbeHealth are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), pregnancy or other status protected by applicable law.