At WelbeHealth, we make the impossible, possible for underserved seniors. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge healthcare and well-being service products especially for seniors and their families. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative healthcare, insurance, social support and more to seniors. We create senior well-being through our courage to love, pioneering spirit and shared intention. These values permeate everything we do. At WelbeHealth, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of healthcare and well-being experiences and create the never-before-seen!
The Nurse Practitioner will report to the Medical Director and, in collaboration with WelbeHealth PACE Physicians and an interdisciplinary team, will provide assessment, planning, primary care, and continuous medical coverage to WelbeHealth PACE participants.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Providing primary care and acute illness evaluation and treatment for participants in collaboration with PACE Physicians and Community-Based PACE Physicians.
- In collaboration with a physician, performing in-person comprehensive assessments (initial, semi-annual and unscheduled) on participants and coordinating with the IDT to develop a comprehensive care plan for each participant.
- Collaborating with physician(s) and interdisciplinary team (IDT) in discharge planning from acute or long term care settings
- In consultation with the WelbeHealth PACE Physicians, referring participants to medical specialists as indicated and managing care of participants in the nursing home, making regular visits as dictated by Pasadena PACE standards and participant need.
- Being an active member of the IDT communicating participant changes, collaborating on care planning decisions and coordinating 24-hour care delivery.
- Working collaboratively with WelbeHealth PACE Physicians, Community-Based PACE Physicians and other members of the IDT to ensure effective care coordination.
- Participating in rotating night and weekend call
- At the direction of the Medical Director, reviewing outcomes and utilization data, including review of necessity of hospitalizations and use of specialists; establishing best practices with the Medical Director, and collaborating with clinical staff, WelbeHealth PACE Physicians, Community-Based PACE Physicians and IDT to make policy and procedural improvements to reduce unnecessary utilization and improve participant health.
- Protecting privacy and maintaining confidentiality of all company procedures and information about employees, participants and families.
- Following WelbeHealth PACE policies and procedures and participate in any required QI activities, staff training and meetings.
- Maintaining professional licensure and certifications.
- Acting only within the scope of practice.
Why you’ll love working at WelbeHealth:
- You’ll play a critical role in bringing the ground-breaking WelbeHealth PACE model of care to scale, providing much needed services to a vulnerable population
- You’ll be joining a company that combines the best of mission-driven orientation with innovation, with the opportunity to help shape our programs and processes as we grow
- You’ll be surrounded by capable colleagues who care deeply about their work and are greater than the sum of our parts
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with an RN State License.
- Certification as a Nurse Practitioner with prescriptive authority.
- Working knowledge of PACE regulations a plus.
- Minimum of 2 years working with the frail or elderly.
- Bilingual speaker strongly preferred
- Creative and enthusiastic commitment to the “triple aim” – dedication to improving experience, health, and value for PACE participants.
- Ability to build strong working relationships with other providers and care team.
- Excellent clinical, organizational, and communication skills in settings with frail, elderly participants, their families, and the IDT.
- Current knowledge of chronic care/geriatric issues and best practices.
- Deep commitment to helping unlock the potential of our most vulnerable seniors
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
At WelbeHealth, our mission is to unlock the full potential of our vulnerable seniors. In this spirit, please note that we have a vaccination policy for all of our employees and proof of vaccination prior to employment is required.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At WelbeHealth, we embrace and cherish the diversity of our team members, and we're committed to building a culture of inclusion and belonging. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. People seeking employment at WelbeHealth are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), pregnancy or other status protected by applicable law.